Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

2009 370z Reverse Camera and HDMI input

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here is some info on what I got to work with my Jul 2009 370z .

I wanted to add a reverse camera to my 2009 370z, however there is a lot of different info out there.
I read if you have 2010, no problem, but 2009 can be sketchy. It's not.

I saw a few people add Naviks systems on here , but none specifically to the 2009 models.
I contacted Naviks via their website and ebay and they were prompt and helpful through both.
They advised there are 2 different screens and they have a module to fit both, i just popped out my screen and gave them the part number off the back.
I purchased the module for US$220, with shipping it came to about AU$390. It arrived in 5 days.

It installed easily, it's plug and play with the addition of power, ground and reverse trigger. There are heaps of videos out there. I bought an ebay camera that replaces a number plate light and wired into the reverse lights (there are videos on this too)

I bought a chrome-cast and wired in an extra USB socket to power it, and plugged it straight into the Naviks via the HDMI.  I ran the audio output RCAs from the Naviks under the center console and into the back of the console it then into the RCA aux inside the console.

The Naviks has a small extra button, about the size of a $2 coin. I popped that up next to the drivers knee under the start button, didn't need to stick it. It's almost invisible.

Anyway, it all works exactly as advertised. See video below

Edited by Mud

Posted · Report post

Here is some info on what I got to work with my Jul 2009 370z .

I wanted to add a reverse camera to my 2009 370z, however there is a lot of different info out there.
I read if you have 2010, no problem, but 2009 can be sketchy. It's not.

I saw a few people add Naviks systems on here , but none specifically to the 2009 models.
I contacted Naviks via their website and ebay and they were prompt and helpful through both.
They advised there are 2 different screens and they have a module to fit both, i just popped out my screen and gave them the part number off the back.
I purchased the module for US$220, with shipping it came to about AU$390. It arrived in 5 days.

It installed easily, it's plug and play with the addition of power, ground and reverse trigger. There are heaps of videos out there. I bought an ebay camera that replaces a number plate light and wired into the reverse lights (there are videos on this too)

I bought a chrome-cast and wired in an extra USB socket to power it, and plugged it straight into the Naviks via the HDMI.  I ran the audio output RCAs from the Naviks under the center console and into the back of the console it then into the RCA aux inside the console.

The Naviks has a small extra button, about the size of a $2 coin. I popped that up next to the drivers knee under the start button, didn't need to stick it. It's almost invisible.

Anyway, it all works exactly as advertised. See video below

Awsome Mud , this is something that I have been wanting to setup in my 2009 Z also .

Did read all the other posts on this subject previously but just wasnt sure about pulling out the screen etc to go about it

Thanks would like to follow up on this further . I also live in Brissie on the Jindalee side so would like to talk to you re the chrome cast set up if possible .

Can be contacted at ned.56@bigpond.com if you have time . Ned.

Posted · Report post

Let me know what you need to know. The whole process is very straightforward if you have ever put a head unit in a car before. Just have to splice a couple of wires.

Posted · Report post

Is the picture still there whilst driving? Or does it switch off? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...