Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Installer /tuner Perth WA

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think it's time for me to get some forced induction. Anyone know of a place that are familiar with installing them on a 370? Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

Your looking around $15,000+ so most places you call will not bother talking to you because in the end most people give up and just buy something that is cheaper to mod

Posted · Report post

Are you saying 15k in Labor? Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

around $15,000 just for a turbo kit https://aamcompetition.com/i-18928983-aam-competition-nissan-370z-twin-turbocharger-system.html or around $9000 for a supercharger kit http://www.the370z.com/forced-induction/125708-topgunz-full-supercharger-kits.html , if your manual you'll need a clutch upgrade $2000 https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-products/z1-motorsports/z1-vq35hr-vq37vhr-road-race-clutch-package-p-8619.html , if your auto then you'll need a upgraded valve body $1500 and transmission $7500 https://www.levelten.com/product_p/370z-bulletproof-valve-body.htm https://www.levelten.com/370Z_TRANSMISSION_p/niss0g1800-re7.htm ,also you'll need a oil cooler around $1000 https://www.fastintentions.com/product_info.php/products_id/144 better lsd ,solid diff and rear sub frame bushings to put the power down , bigger radiator, tuning, exhaust, suspension, tires the list goes on and on and on and none of this is including labor costs they could charge anything, and this is just if your bolting this to a stock engine, if they want to build your engine then just add lots of zeros to the end of a big number you can think of.

Posted · Report post

I would think almost all of that is not a 'need' for the forced induction but more of a should? If I go the stillen route I would have thought the stock clutch would be fine for now. I was looking at doing intake, exhaust, headers, and supercharger for now and then getting a tune. Thanks for your reply. It's obvious you know a lot more than I do and I find all this stuff super interesting Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

Also that supercharger kit you linked looks rad Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

Mate, listen to these wise words. If you wan't best value for an installed TT kit and tuned, send your car to RevZone in Melbourne or CRD in Sydney and they both supply, fit and tune TT kits for around the $16K. From what I hear they install a custom GTM TT kit, which is good quality but there are better ones available if you want to import yourself, like Fast Intentions or AAM TT kits.

I went the hard route, imported myself the AAM TT kit and lots of other extra pieces for support and had it installed by a shop here in SA. Well guess what, I ended up being a guinea pig and in the end I have spent over $17K just in labour to have the shop install everything and they still havent fixed the boost controller. So basically I have spent over $15K in importing all the parts myself, and then over $17K in labor for them to figure it all out, yes I spent over $30K trying to get this up and running. What I should have done, is gone to RevZone or CRD who have done it multiple times and do it for $16K supply, fit and install. Yes I would have saved over $15K which I could have just used for an engine build! I would hv rather just spent the $500 in transporting my car to them then being naive and having everything imported myself and installed by a workshop who doesn't know VQ37s.

FML, I learned the hard way but its too late for me now. I am just passing the words onto anyone else looking for forced Induction on their VQ37. Australia is just too expensive for this platform that's why there is barely any around!