Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

G"day from the riverina

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hows it all going!

new to the forum and nissan and RWD for that matter.

my names luke and im from the riverina, im the proud owner of a red 09 370Z, a car which has now taken over my life

this is the first car iv bought whilst on my fulls, previous car was a 02 WRX wagon

look forward to attending meets and getting to know some like minded enthusiasts 

cover photo.jpg

16423032_1460151380663054_9125026361574289142_o.jpg

Posted · Report post

Gotta love a red z

Posted · Report post

Hey!

I just got a red 2009 370z a few days ago also!

Hopefully we can share some info.

I'm currently looking at how best to add multimedia and a reverse camera.

Posted · Report post

I read that new headunits and the like where a massive PITA, so i got a rca to 3.5 from jaycar and plug my phone in, iv seen a couple camera installs and it looks straight forward enough

Posted · Report post

I read that new headunits and the like where a massive PITA, so i got a rca to 3.5 from jaycar and plug my phone in, iv seen a couple camera installs and it looks straight forward enough

Yeah, i've read that too.

I have a few leads, will do a write up if it pans out ok.

Posted · Report post

what are you planning on doing? i cant imagine how you would change up the stock system.

side note, got some new front tyres on lucifa today, RE003, first impressions are good, cant wait for a good mountain run 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Talking to a guy in China that supplies a plug and play android upgrade for touch screen systems.

It uses factory screen, controls, steering controls and touch screen. Adds google maps, YouTube, mp3, video and reverse camera.

He has them available for a lot of cars including late Nissan and Infinity. They are listed to work with 2012+ and I showed him pics of the 2009 interface and he was confident it would work also.
I questioned the 40 pin harness on the 2009 vs 32 pin on the 2010+ (his unit appears to have a 32 pin) and he is talking to his engineer.

Hopefully they can just wire the correct plugs and we're good to go.

Price is about $320US

If that doesn't workout I'll probably go a naviks to add a reverse camera and use the aux for spotify

Also found a full tablet install dash bezel for around $1000, but is for non Nav cars, so you'd need to convert to non nav AC and add.

Edited by Mud

Posted · Report post

shit if that bloke in china works out id be keen as to give that a go 

Posted · Report post

Welcome Lucifa. Another red Z. I own one although a Roadster. Best colour Zed in my opinion, I searched far and wide for mine and wasn't going to comprise on colour! 

Cheers,

Rodd

Posted · Report post

we need to get these bad boys together

Posted · Report post

does the ZED community get together that often? when i had my rexy we had a annual meet, biggest meet i went to was like 320ish and we did a cruise through the twistys in the hunter valley i think, quite the sight 320 scoobs hooning through the twistys