Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Should I sell my personalised number plate

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hello,

I am selling my 370z roadster and I have a personalised plate (37TZZ). I wanted to get feedback from zclubbers whether it would be worth selling the plate separately or don't bother with it? What do you think?

Posted · Report post

Hi jooneth,

I quite like the idea of personalised plates and yours are pretty cool. I just bough a 370z Roadster and got 001-ZED. Its good when you can use the regular RTA (NSW only) configuration of letters/numbers as its only $100 extra a year but a lot more for non-standard, i think its about  $400 a year which to me on top of rego is not worth it. It used to be a one off fee so the yearly costs puts people of I think.

Perhaps you can advertise plates here under the for sales section and if you have no luck in a couple of weeks, sell with car with plates.

Good luck

Posted · Report post

Hi jooneth,

I quite like the idea of personalised plates and yours are pretty cool. I just bough a 370z Roadster and got 001-ZED. Its good when you can use the regular RTA (NSW only) configuration of letters/numbers as its only $100 extra a year but a lot more for non-standard, i think its about  $400 a year which to me on top of rego is not worth it. It used to be a one off fee so the yearly costs puts people of I think.

Perhaps you can advertise plates here under the for sales section and if you have no luck in a couple of weeks, sell with car with plates.

Good luck

thanks for sharing your thoughts. Yeah, I find it quite ridiculous that they charge so much for personalised plate. As you said paying $100 or so a year is still expensive but is somewhat affordable hence why i had chosen my plate. 

I am selling my car too and I was wondering whether you bought brand new or second hand and if latter, what site did you find your car?

Would posting my car for sale here be any good you think?

Posted · Report post

Hi, I bought my car second hand on carsales.com. I think this is a site all car buyers go to if they are in the market for a second hand car, particularly for a more unique car as there are not as many and you may need to travel interstate to get want you want, which is what I did. Advertising here will only reach a smaller pool but it certainly cant hurt. The ZCLUB facebook site appears more active so you could try there as I'm pretty sure if there is a dedicated for sale section.