Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

See who gave reputation

1. DKS

• Topics

• Recommend for Roadster Soft top
      By Goldz · Posted
      Just finished using Autoglym Convertible Soft Top Clean & Protect Kit. It contains a Hood Cleaner and Protector spray bottle and a foam applicator it was worth the money. It did such a good job making the dull appearance look fresh again. Just one down fall was that it came from the UK so I couldn't just walk into an Auto store to buy it, they had everything but this one. I placed an order on  Ebay and received the kit in just over one week so I fully recommend this product and the Seller as well.(thepolishingboothltd)
    • 2009 370z Factory Specs
      By Tony Clephane-Hagar · Posted
      Does anyone know which tyres were factory spec for this model 2009 370z ? Thanks, Tony H
    • I finally made it here
      By Disease · Posted
      Hey all. Well it's been a legit 15 years that I've been waiting to say this, dreaming of it in fact, And now I can.. I just bought a 350z. Can honestly say I've had my heart set on one since 2003 but was never in a position to buy, either with finance or family. It's a 2003 manual in silver, mechanically seems quite good (pretty sure I need rear wheel bearings though), cosmetically is pretty tidy, a few blemishes here and there that need a little bit of loving touch which I'm more than happy to do. I live in Newcastle but bought the car in Sydney and had to drive it out of there in peak rush hour traffic.. Wasn't that fun driving bumper to bumper with a clutch pedal I'd had 5 minutes with! Hahaha. I know there's a few Newcastle region people here, can anyone recommend a good place for services/repairs if I need any work done. Cheers Dave
    • Not feeling the love...
      By big hugh ness · Posted
      Ain't it funny how things turn around. After a year or so away from a Z, I am finding that I'm missing a Z in my life once again and am looking for a new ride. I bought a Mazda RX-7 FD some months ago and basically it has been on stands since LOL! Talk about stereotypes! Well, it's not because of the engine, I'm upgrading the suspension, and the wait for parts has taken weeks and weeks. I've put it on the market as it's just not something I can live with at the moment (I was retrenched at work, so there goes any ideas of single turbo conversion). Plus, Rotaries have appalling fuel economy.  You think the Z is bad?  Don't get me wrong, the Rx7 is kinda my dream car. When these engines are on song, man, there isn't anything like it. And when the induction whine whistles from the twin turbos and the engine growls and rumbles and backfires, well, it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.  But it's time to let it go and get back into something more, um, sedate.  I'll miss the sheer power, but this time around, I am definitely going to consider supercharging it (once I am back at work).
    • 2009 - 2010 v20 MAPS
      By skiscotty · Posted
      Hi All, The map thing for the Z is a complete joke - Nissan says it will cost around $350 to provide current update.  I am advised that the procedure requires obtaining a unique ID from the head unit to be updated -- this unique code is entered into the Nissan system and the update DVD is generated specifically for that head unit only and will not work in any other head unit. Nissan provides FREE upgrades to the 2016 map version for other vehicles in their range (see Nissan Aus website) but does not offer for the z .... WTF? Maps are available from Navigation Systems Australia .. (http://www.navigationau.com/nissan.html) but are $450 for the 2019 version, $350 for 2018 etc.  I understand that Nissan partners with them to provide maps --- I suspect that the same unique code issue applies to these maps also. Maps are available for Nissan USA owners (for entire USA and Canada) for around $150 (US, I guess) SUMMARY; 1) Nissan does not care to support it's Australian 370Z owners and sees them fair game to be price gouged for map updates 2) Copying DVD for use in different head units is claimed to be impossible 3) Australian customers are being forced to pay HIGH prices for map data which is readily and cheaply available to others. eg you can buy a Tom-Tom for a couple of hundred bucks which offers lifetime free map upgrades ... and Nissan provides free upgrades for other vehicles in the range Therefore, I have all but given up on a map data update. The only way forward in my view is to hear from members in the Zclub who have successfully updated their maps and to find out how it is done given the Nissan system constraints. Alternatively, does anybody have ideas about how we could 'lobby' Nissan to provide a fairer and more economically viable map data support to their customers? Cheers