Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

18x10 +22 or 20x10 +42 with spacers – what would be your personal preference?

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'd appreciate your assistance with my dilema. Here is a case study: For your 370Z you are considering Lenso Project D D1R, because you’re trying to achieve this look. Front sizes are fine but the only sizes available for the rear are 18x10 +22 (you'd add 5-10mm spacers) and 20x10 +42 (with 25-30mm spacers). In 18’s you’d go for 255/45 front and 275/40 for the rear because they can still be found reasonably priced. In 20’s, any size is fine.

What would you choose and what’s your reasoning behind it?

maxresdefault.jpg

Posted · Report post

Personally not a fan of spacers but I know a lot of people run them without issues, etc.

For the Z, depending on the type of wheel you get, it may look small. The Lensos look like they may look a bit smaller due to the design (doesn't go all the way to the lip).

The Work Kiwamis I had look bigger than the TE37's I have due to the design, Kiwamis go to the edge, TE37 has a bit of a lip like the Lenso. For this, maybe 20's are the way to go, but hard to say..

Posted · Report post

Interesting observation and a testament to how a wheel design can create an optical illusion. 

I like bronze Kiwami's on a black car but the reason I'm looking at 20" Lenso's is that they are considerably cheaper (19" Kiwami's are $1998 at JDM Concept). 

I'm also toying with the idea of experimenting with a full square setup:  20x10 +42 all around. With 30mm rear spacers, working out as +12 offset at the back, all 4 wheels would extend by 18mm from standard setup. Advantage is that, with 275 tyres all around, tyre rotation would also be possible.

Decisions, decisions...

Posted · Report post

I like bronze Kiwami's on a black car but the reason I'm looking at 20" Lenso's is that they are considerably cheaper (19" Kiwami's are $1998 at JDM Concept). 

I'm also toying with the idea of experimenting with a full square setup:  20x10 +42 all around. With 30mm rear spacers, working out as +12 offset at the back, all 4 wheels would extend by 18mm from standard setup. Advantage is that, with 275 tyres all around, tyre rotation would also be possible.

Decisions, decisions...

30mm spacer sounds like a bit much, 20 would be the highest I would go if I were to run them (but I'm biased, not a fan of spacers in general). Tyre size sounds good though, square setup would probably make the car even more fun.

I'm selling a set of Kiwami's in silver if interested, staggered set, tyres aren't great. Let me know if you want further details.

Posted · Report post

Wasn't quite looking for used wheels, to be honest.

However, PM me some details please, I might consider.

You never know...