Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Thermo fans

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hello I am new here so I do not know what I am doing but I need some advice.I have a 2004 350z z33 roadster that I just bought from a friend. When I was bringing the car home through Sydney she started to get a bit warm & it seems the thermo electric fans are seized.I priced replacement & they are very expensive,are there any alternate options like compatible fans from other cars such as Skylines? I am also looking for a roof & drivers electric seat switch.I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

Posted · Report post

Nissan USA did a TSB for the thermo fans quite a while ago.  They extended the warranty for cars with certain vin numbers.  The fans were from a batch of faulty build.

when both my fans went I approached Nissan Australia and they denied the problem .  Proper imbeciles.  $500 each they wanted.  I told them to stick it.

I do ski trips to North America so the timing was right I picked 2 for US$ 300 and brought them back.

If you can try http://www.z1motorsports.com/.   Or

https://conceptzperformance.com/

They both have been used by zclub forum members in the past and have been very reliable. Iv used Z1 a few times also. Do your research, they both should be able source the fans for you.

good luck

pez

Posted · Report post

Thankyou pez5 for replying to my post. I ended up doing much searching at wreckers for fans & came across some alternatives. The Nissan x-trail & Pulsar set ups will have the same size & dimensions & fits into the origional shroud nicely there is also a Mitsubishi Outlander (2002).So there are cheaper alternatives out there,I am pleased to say.For me this was imperative. I have installed the fans & they are working as they should. I also had a sticky drivers seat control and found contact cleaner fixed that problem.This car was bought from a friend who did not really take it out so it has not really seen enough use which brings about such issues as I have been finding.Now to tackle the roof & hopefully we will be sitting pretty!

Posted · Report post

In regard the roof check out my350z (us forum)  Lots of info re the roof.   Whats your prob ?

Posted · Report post

Some tearing in the fabric,a couple pretty bad ones both sides of back window.Forgive my ignorance but how do I get to the forum you mentioned ?