Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

350z and Exhaust laws

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I would love to give my 350z an aftermarket exhaust and loved the sound of the invidia Gemini and berk hfc's. But I believe that in wa the maximum db is 90 and there is no way this setup or an aftermarket exhaust would be under these limits right? Don't feel like getting an citation and having to remove it!! Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

I doubt you’d be under the limits with the hfc’s    

Maybe with just the catback. If it’s any help I have an Amuse catback and it’s not that loud. I wouldn’t be worried if I were to be tested. 

Posted · Report post

Ok thanks mate at least I can get a bit more sound then stock then! Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

I run the Invidia Gemini with stock cats and a popcharger, and there's no way it's under 90db. If you want it quieter than 90db you'll probably need some extra mufflers or a light right foot

Posted · Report post

Thanks Rob. So have you been pulled over for the exhaust at all or no real problem so far? Can't decide whether to to just get it and use a light foot Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

I'm in country Vic and I don't do a lot of driving so I haven't been hassled over the exhaust, it's quite easy to keep it sounding respectable if you are light on the throttle. It's when the car is under load or at high revs that it starts to get louder.

Posted · Report post

Cheers! I reckon I'll go that route and hope for the best Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

Best of luck, the Invidia exhausts sound amazing on these cars