Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

recommend mechanics in illawarra?

17 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey guys!
New zed owner here.. I have a 2003 track model and am in love with it..

I've recently been to a few mechanics in the Illawarra region and they have had no clue what they're doing. I've basically been paying them to learn how to work on a 350z and paying an arm and a leg in the process.
So.. Is there anyone on here that can recommend me some quality mechanics that are familiar with the Z's in the Illawarra/wollogong/shellharbour region?

Thanks in advance!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Iks03z - I use BNZ https://www.localsearch.com.au/profile/bnz-automotive/nsw/illawarra/fairy-meadow/m7R5

He does all my work on my 370Z to date , you just need to be patient with Brett.. But would recommend his work and just so that you know I'm very particular about my car..

He also recommended a guy a Dapto who does great wheel alignments, he does some of the Brute UTES.. Does it all with measurements not these crap computers which are not all that accurate I've been told by a few mechanics.. He can set your car up to however you want providing you have the adjustments.. His name is  Ret  https://www.yellowpages.com.au/nsw/dapto/obr-automotive-12190386-listing.html

Hope that helps..

Edited by BEN313

Posted · Report post

Thanks heaps! I will definitely give them a look.. 

And what do you mean by be patient with him? How do they go with pricing?

[Patient] He is hard to get I touch with, it's always easier for me to drop in and chat with him rather than calling..

Pricing is competitive and always honest!!! I usually supply the parts..

Edited by BEN313

Posted · Report post

Ahhhhh right right.. I get you.. Thanks heaps mate, really appreciate it! Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

[Patient] He is hard to get I touch with, it's always easier for me to drop in and chat with him rather than calling..

Pricing is competitive and always honest!!! I usually supply the parts..

Hey mate.. just letting you know i went and saw brett today.. cool guy, very friendly and seems honest and reliable.. but shit that entrance is sketchy especially having a low car hahaha Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

Yeah it is!! I usually buy all the part and get him to fit them in for me..

Let me know how you go!

Posted · Report post

This is good to know. 

I've been thinking of changing mechanics ever since the guy I have been going to for years has been slipping in standard due to going solo. 

Posted · Report post

This is good to know. 

I've been thinking of changing mechanics ever since the guy I have been going to for years has been slipping in standard due to going solo. 

Which one have you been going to?
I've sent my Z to a few dodgy places. Trying to find a solid, trustworthy mechanic so they can get to know the car properly.. I have high hopes for Brett from BNZ!

Posted · Report post

He's in Warilla. Nice enough fellow, but I never took my z to him as I have only just acquired it. Just take the wifes Hyundai to him and he seems to only ever do half of what you ask him to do. Always reckons he's busy and I have to book it in again to finish the job. 

Posted · Report post

Ahhhh right right.. What year model Z do you have?! Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

2010 model. Manual. Stock as a rock. Does have tints. I need a better (louder) exhaust. This thing is so goddamned quiet! The 86 I just sold was noisier! 

Posted · Report post

2010 model. Manual. Stock as a rock. Does have tints. I need a better (louder) exhaust. This thing is so goddamned quiet! The 86 I just sold was noisier! 

Nice! I have an 03.. blue.. tint, work meisters, catback, carbon fibre goodies.. If you need a good exhaust shop i recommend muffler men in oak flats.. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

Replace your CATS which will be a good start and the cheapest option, if you want louder then get a better flowing CBE.. Be careful of which one you get as these cars don't have any Insulation and can cause annoying drone .. I went through  2 CBE to get one that I was happy with..

Posted · Report post

Nice! I have an 03.. blue.. tint, work meisters, catback, carbon fibre goodies.. If you need a good exhaust shop i recommend muffler men in oak flats.. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sounds nice, mate. Yeah Muffler Men have done a few jobs for me over the years and have been quite reasonable about it. 

Replace your CATS which will be a good start and the cheapest option, if you want louder then get a better flowing CBE.. Be careful of which one you get as these cars don't have any Insulation and can cause annoying drone .. I went through  2 CBE to get one that I was happy with..

Yeah, Ben, I wish I owned a bank or something because I love the sound of the Armytrix Super Sport Valvetronic setup, but, man, not cheap! Still, you get what you pay for. Motordyne, GtHaus, Ark; they're all special for slightly different reasons. 

Posted · Report post

Hi There - NOT a fan of Armytrix ,Motordyne, Meisterschaft base ONLY on my research ,  sound's like a car without a muffler in my opinion.. Invindia, Stillen sounds good but visually messy & disorganized under the car for my liking..

Ark grip,Ark design,Injen  & Fast Intention on the other hand has substance and depth but have some drone but looks visually & ascetically pleasing.. and many more I haven't listed

Akrapovic my favorite but just cant justify the cost..

I've always tried to achieve looks, performance not that you get much out of a CBE, sound minus the drone and something cost effective..[middle ground]

But we all have our taste and opinion just sharing..

I ended up forking out 1700 for second hand Meisterschaft with some work to be done on the flexi pipe, but Muffler Men say around $140 to fix, so that aint bad. Just hoping it isn't gonna cheeze mr Plod off too much, nor the mrs, as I said it was only going to make the sound a little deeper...heheh...Let you know when I get outta the doghouse some time next month...

Edited by big hugh ness