Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mishimoto oil cooler my experience

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I purchased a mishimoto thermostatic oil cooler kit for my 370z cost me around 900 from car mods australia 

It came in a very neat and fancy box. Everything in its own packaging  All the parts looked of very high quality 

As for installion i had a bit of trouble routing the lines so that they were able to line up with the banjo bolts. For whatever reason i couldn't get the sandwich plate at the same angle as they have it on the instruction video due to the stock oil cooler thing . As i have read sooooo many horror stories about blow outs from the sandwich plate i made sure everything was tigggght! 

I was super paranoid when starting it up after installion. No leaks i done an oil change while i was there with some PENRITE RACING 5 5W30 (loving it so far) .

I went for a few quick drives around the block expecting a leak but no. I went for a redline run thrashing it still all good. 

2 weeks later all is still good. I am really noticing some temp drops! In a traffic jam today barely moving it stayed around 90 degrees normally id expect 100+. The average on the move is around 80-85 . 

So far id recommend it highly!

Posted · Report post

nice write up, what year model is your Z?

Posted · Report post

nice write up, what year model is your Z?

thanks man . Its a 2010

Posted · Report post

I know that model benefits from the after market cooler, do the later models needs it (2013+)?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yes they all need it even the new one especially if you drive it hard, if your hard- core you will need to get a 34 core oil cooler,power steering oil cooler, 3 layer radiator [if you tract it]..  

Out of the box these cars are junk even though I love them and they are also ascetically pleasing!

Edited by BEN313

Posted · Report post

Yes agreed. This is really a must do mod. Still no leaks . Still operating as it should.  

Think nissan spent most of their time on the body design.

Posted · Report post

Ok, good to know. I might have to invest in one soon. 

Posted · Report post

I've had the same Mishimoto oil cooler on my 2012 (has factory "oil cooler" and I didn't go with a thermostatic plate fitting) for a few years now and all good. No issues on the track either with just it, stock power steering cooler and stock radiator. The Americans seem to not think much of Mishimoto though and go for Setrab brand.

I use Motul 330v 10W/40 oil with a large aftermarket sump and change oil and filter every 5000k's.

Posted · Report post

Yeah so much hate on mishimoto . I love it . No issues.  Sweet dude good to see you're enjoying yours as much as me