Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dash Cams

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Looking for some comments and suggestions.

Lately driving my daily - Honda Accord i am noticing a lot of anger on the roads.  Im getting a lot of the tail gating thing going on  while in the right lane in peak hour. Really the traffic is crawling!!!  While driving the M1 you see it even more mostly guys in utes/barge arse duel cabs thinking they have more god given rights than every one else.  I don't sit in the right lane at all!!

Iv copped roundabout rage where the guys won't slow down on approach, wanting to own the roundabout. 

Hey i could go on but is this me or is anyone else noticing this ?  Im thinking i'l get a dash cam, any suggestions.

I'm not saying I'm perfect here , iv made the odd error while driving but i really feel rage lately .  Maybe the cause is its the end of the year and people need a chill out break !! 

Edited by pez5

Posted · Report post

Hi Pez - I trust you have been well ! Its the norm In Sydney and people don't even realize they are doing it, almost everyone get's caught up in all the carzyness & pressures that society has placed on everyone that's its become socially accepted. Everyone appears to be angry and always in a rush!!

I've only recently come back from from SA & WA 8 - 10 months ago being away for 2 years and I tell you what , you really notice it when get back to Sydney.

Dash Cam is the only self defense unfortunately hence why I have moved away from Sydney.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Posted · Report post

Hey Ben all good welcome back.  I do get into Sydney a few times a week and avoid the peak hour times .  But !!!  Im noticing all this on the Central Coast as well.  Go figure.  I just gonna keep my cool and avoid these ass holes. it just doesn't pay to mess with people in that state.

Dash cam on the way.

Posted · Report post

There certainly is a lot of aggro out there, many people from Sydney retire to the central coast so I'm sure they will have infected that area.

With transit times getting longer people have shorter tempers.  

I can see three big offenders:

1) The people in a hurry and think their need to get from A to B is more important than everybody else - road rules don't apply to them - they are often aggressive and intimidating (tailgating etc) to other vehicles.

2) P plate drivers in desperate need of serious correctional input via an accident - thinks like changing lanes right in front of a 20 tone truck at a red light, undertaking on the left and then darting right across 3 lanes, parking in clearways, turning into a stopped lane at the last minute and leaving the arse of their car blocking the lane they were in, no consideration for others.

3) The incompetent, travelling 20km slower than the speed limit in the right lane, driving at night with no lights on, no idea where they are going, needing to move right across 3 lanes at the last minute only to realize they actually need to turn left and want back across those 3 lanes at a red light, entering an intersection they can't get through due to congestion and blocking all traffic at the change of lights - these things create congestion and light the fuse leading to aggressive and abusive behavior.

It's a bloody nightmare

Clearly licences are too easy to get

Would love to see the police attending common problem spots and giving out tickets

My other pet hate is cars that have been repaired but the headlights have not been aligned and are hammering other motorists - so common in Sydney - arggg

It's really common for the crash offender to lie to both police and the insurance company.  I witnessed a car full of teenagers not paying attention and weaving in their lane, they had no idea they were headed for stationary traffic, I watched for 15 seconds (!!!) and sure enough they slammed into the stationary queue impacting 5 cars like domino's.  I gave my details to the drivers impacted.  The kids claimed the que had already crashed and they in turn crashed into the tail end.  Three insurance companies contacted me for a statement.

So yes, a dash cam is basically a necessity these days :-(

Posted · Report post

you have certainly hit the proverbial nail with the three types.   I agree the licensing system is a huge failure .  It gets you to place where you get a piece paper that has license written on it.  All beginners should go through an advance type training course that teaches pure driving basics/skills as well as mindset whilst on the road. (  Chrissy presents to my niece and nephew )

I do notice on the M1 a good Highway Patrol presence .  They park in the middle cross overs and it certainly works to keep motorists checked.  But i don't see any in The Sydney Metro doing any checks in problem spots.  

I also think our politicians have really let us down/failed with infrastructure .  Always too little too late. There are too many botch ups to mention here.    

Posted · Report post

Great idea giving those Christmas presents - meaningful life education and experience

Back to your original question: I have a Backvue dr650gw-1ch and I recommend it.  I have used it for recording a track day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eTjVHFtvTw

and it also saved me from this idiot when he crossed the centre line while I was overtaking him.  It recorded his verbal abuse and physical threats after our cars slightly touched.

I have the mount in both of my cars and transfer the camera unit as required.  I suggest you purchase a Micro SD card reader to transfer to your PC because the adapter supplied is awful.

Hope this helps

Road Rage Agressor.jpg

Tight Fit.jpg

Edited by BlueZed

thanks for the info .  Hope it was sorted out ok. The vision is impressive at Wakefield.

Cheers

Edited by pez5

Posted · Report post

I got myself a dirt cheap dash cam from ebay a couple of years ago and it's served me well thought it's a pain to set up. I got a slightly better one for myself for xmas so I'm going to stick my old one in the back window. There are cams and systems out there that do both but my budget doesn't stretch that far!

Also, I capture lunacy on the roads around my place almost daily and have heaps of videos of people driving like morons.

Posted · Report post

Any sample videos?