Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hi from far north qld

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Gday folks.

Had my roadster for a coupe of months or so now. Have been absorbing your wisdom since then but i came out of hiding and joined earlier this evening after having a bit of success with my bluetooth obd2 and live data on my tablet with the old consult-only port, and thought id share (might be old info I'm not great with forum searching..)

Ive so far replaced the vinyl convertible top, rear rotors, passenger side window motor, done some leather repairs on the seats (and dyed them black) and got the subwoofer amp working again temporarily by jamming up that dodgy relay.

Still on the to-do list include the cam angle sensors (please please please let this work im so over this P0345 bullshit - parts on the way), actually replacing that subwoofer amp relay, replacing the factory head unit (parts on the way), properly cleaning out or replacing those seat motor switches (only work sometimes) and maybe the clutch in the long term (i would like a little more grab when i get a bit violent with my clutch - it seems to slip if i drop it a bit too hard).

I recently bought a second car just for fun (04 suzuki jimny) but it has now become my daily driver (A: because ive grown tired of breaking down and B: because its easier to drive around town and C: im not paranoid about parking it in any of the sketchy places that make up 90% of Mackay) so i can afford to waste a bit of time stuffing around. The local mechanics were very quick to wipe their hands of anything electrical (but are all to happy to replace anything i want replaced for a horrendously exorbitant fee) and the local parts stores have absolutely nothing in stock for this car as it is not a toyota landcruiser, holden commodore or hyundai getz, so it looks like i might be relying on these forums and ebay quite a bit.

Cheers,

Cam :)

13631566_913503708795901_3305322971467543602_n.jpg

14141557_948311771981761_5737520295505582897_n.jpg

Posted · Report post

Welcome to the forum

Don't go hard - you're clutch is almost worn out 

Posted · Report post

Ill replace it with an exedy HD in good time they seem to be a popular choice. Anyhoo just finished replacing my left cam position sensor so in off for a drive around town. Got the racq on speed dial. Wish me luck!