Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

2010 370z Bluetooth Music Stream

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys,

Recently purchased the 2010 370z with Bose system. I can pair the bluetooth to my mobile and make phone calls but I am unable to stream music to it? Am I doing something wrong? Is anyone else having the same issue?

Posted · Report post

Don't think you can stream music via Bluetooth on your model unfortunately. Its only the 2011+ models. Use the aux, I find it much better. Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

You can stream music from phone in 2010 model.  Check your manual

Posted · Report post

You can stream music from phone in 2010 model.  Check your manual

Is that supposed to be "can't"? Or is there a hidden way of doing it. I've got a 2010 and haven't been able to find a way to stream from the phone. There's nothing in my manual that suggests you can. Just use the AUX and a cable as roketrider suggested. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

You can't. You can use the aux in port though and it works fine. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

That's what I thought. But 's post got my hopes up that I'd perhaps missed something. Oh well. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

That's worth a look. Thanks for the info. I wonder how it would go with the native Bluetooth pairing for telephone already in the car?

Posted · Report post

On your phone you can select which device to Bluetooth for telephone and music independently.

Posted · Report post

Actually found an elegant solution to stream audio in my 2010. Works with IOS/apple, android and windows devices. Still using the aux cable in the console, I bought a Coolstream duo Bluetooth dongle which plugs in to the old style apple 30-pin connector. Does a good job, doesn't interfere with the phone Bluetooth connection and you can pair a couple of phones to it to mix the music up. Conveniently also has a 3.5mm plug to enable you to turn any headphones into Bluetooth headphones. About $40 on eBay. Also, as a bonus turns any old 30-pin docking station etc into Bluetooth compatible meaning the old docks can now be used with the lightning plugged IOS phones. I should have bought 3! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

Don't think you can stream music via Bluetooth on your model unfortunately. Its only the 2011+ models. Use the aux, I find it much better. Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

I agree.

I have a 2012 model which steams fine with bluetooth using the "AUX" button.

Posted · Report post

I agree.

I have a 2012 model which steams fine with bluetooth using the "AUX" button.

Do you find your music sometimes stutters and skips? Especially when you just start up the car and the Bluetooth connection just kicks in?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Has anyone figured out a way to connect iPhone 7? There's no aux connection on the phone. 
I've just ordered a Coolstream duo Bluetooth dongle as recommended above. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Michelle

Posted · Report post

Heya Michelle. The AUX connection is on the car, not the phone. In 2010 version that I have, in the console between the seats there is three RCA jacks (red yellow and white). You'll need to get the cable from the Apple Store to fit this or a cheaper equivalent. It's got the male RCA jacks and a USB for power on one end and the old style Apple 30-pin connector on the other end. For iPhone 7 you'll also need the 30-pin to lightning plug adapter if you can't wait for the Coolstream duo to arrive. My advice would be to wait as that adapter is stupid expensive for what it is. The cheap fake ones don't work. Plug all that in the console. When the coolstream duo turns up plug that onto the 30-pin connector and follow the instructions to synch your phone to the Coolstream Duo. Whenever you want to listen to the phone just press the AUX button on your stereo head unit and play your tunes from the phone wirelessly. 1127830ac0a4269e3e43641080eed4f8.jpge6918befdc926d5f7f19b4b2eff7c5c7.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

Forgot to add, my iPhone 7 works perfectly with this set up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

I use a Miccus Mini-Jack RTX if you want another alternative, another member at a meet had the older model (Mini-jack RX).

The main thing is to look out for a Bluetooth receiver that supports A2DP, but doesn't support HFC, this will ensure it doesn't interfere with the car's bluetooth for calls (HFC = handsfree calls, A2DP is for audio streaming). I'm using an iPhoine 8 with it, and have used a 6s and various other friend's phones (iPhone 7's, Google Nexus devices etc) without any issues.

If you're looking at the Miccus options, the one I chose has some more modern audio codecs than the older one (APT-X, etc), which in theory means better audio.

Posted · Report post

Hi all, I have a 370 2009 and I have the same issue, I can connect the phone through bluetooth but I am not able to streaming music from any phone. I went to the Nissan official mechanical workshop and they told me that this specific model does not have streaming music option. I bought some products in ebay/amazon, that you can streaming music from your phone but all are shit because you can't use steering wheel controls, to change the music or volume. If someone have find another solution, please let me know 

Posted · Report post

Look above for what I’ve said about the coolstream duo. That’s what I’ve got and the volume controls on the steering wheel work just fine with that. But you can’t change or browse music from the steering wheel unfortunately. I do have another solution which I’ve just implemented which I really like. It’s called Navdy. Look it up on youtube. Plenty of vids/reviews on it. I love this thing. It ties everything together, turn by turn navigation with voice prompting/recognition (you tell it where you want to go) with traffic data from google maps, phone/txt/email integration, vehicle data like speed and tachometer etc, full phone music integration (control from steering wheel dial add-on) and all this info on a fighter jet style heads up display. The best one I’ve seen. It’s freakin awesome. Heaps better than Merc, BMW Mini, Mitsubishi HUD attempts. Check it out. There is one possible large down side (and a possible up side) to the Navdy though. The company went into a form of liquidation end of last year. No one is sure why exactly as they had an awesome product and had signed a deal with Renault-NISSAN so they shouldn’t have had money problems. Even saw a rumour that they’d been bought out by Garmin but it’s all here say and conjecture at this stage. So their support has stopped and no one knows what functionality of the Navdy will stop working or break or when, if at all. There’s no more software or map updates for the foreseeable future. So far mine works fine. The upside of this is that loads of people with them have all panicked and are now trying to offload theirs reasonably cheap on eBay. JB HiFi are still selling them for $800AUD but I’ve seen them go on eBay for as little as $200 recently. May even be able to get it for less now. Personally I think even if some of the functionality like the voice recognition etc stops working, the car data through the ODBII port, the music and messaging integration and the funky heads up display which should definitely still keep working would make getting one on the cheap a worthwhile investment. Oh and works with iOS and Android. No windows phone support etc unfortunately. Just a couple of pics of the tachometer and music controls. It’s really difficult to capture the display on the phone but in actual use it’s ludicrously clear and easily readable. The GPS/maps/traffic are really good too. Way better than what we get as stock. a55fa098cc7b09aeacbd14b59356b50c.jpg9fd41bf497d82fe0af1b3cd469cf17e7.jpg Hopefully this has given you a couple of ideas. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately I spoke too soon. Looks like on Thursday the google integration for voice recognition and map location suggestions stopped working which really sucks. There is a slightly clunky work around in that you create a contact in iOS and add an address to that and then import that as a favourite into the navdy app and can then navigate on that. Such a shame as the google integration made it superior to anything I’ve ever used to before. Everything else is still working though. Hopefully someone snaps up the I.P. and gets it going again. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

Some bright spark has managed to get the google voice recognition stuff working again on Android devices by replacing some google API keys in the app. No fix for iOS yet though. Everything else is still working fine. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted (edited) · Report post

I bought a bluetooth audio receiver with RCA out off ebay that works a treat, and its 5v too so a cigarette lighter usb phone charger powers it and keeps it all hidden. I can connect my phone to it and the factory handsfree at the same time no worries. I also bought a little round bluetooth remote from Jaycar that is a little smaller than a 20c coin and comes with a steering wheel clip holder so i can play/pause/skip tracks without having to touch the phone. Apparently the button cell that powers it lasts about 2 years so i dont need to worry about charging it. I was thinking about buying a cheap android tablet and mirroring the screen via the monitor input but for now im happy enough with this setup :)

Edited by Cam

Posted · Report post

I bought a bluetooth audio receiver with RCA out off ebay that works a treat, and its 5v too so a cigarette lighter usb phone charger powers it and keeps it all hidden. I can connect my phone to it and the factory handsfree at the same time no worries. I also bought a little round bluetooth remote from Jaycar that is a little smaller than a 20c coin and comes with a steering wheel clip holder so i can play/pause/skip tracks without having to touch the phone. Apparently the button cell that powers it lasts about 2 years so i dont need to worry about charging it. I was thinking about buying a cheap android tablet and mirroring the screen via the monitor input but for now im happy enough with this setup :)

Link to the Bluetooth receiver please Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

Link to the Bluetooth receiver please Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HIFI-NFC-Wireless-Bluetooth-Audio-Receiver-3-5MM-RCA-USB-Charger-Music-Adapter/163057703248?hash=item25f6ff1950%3Am%3AmMGJmUUn0egN324sYipduJQ&var=462179650865

i just clicked the first link - there might be some cheaper but mine looks exactly like this with both RCA and 3.5mm outputs

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...