Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

akrapovic evolution cat back

37 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Lads and ladies

I have made my mind up and cannot wait any longer. I am looking to purchase the Akrapovic Evolution catback system. It fits all my requirements from all the research I have conducted.

When I get it delivered I will do a writeup on it with photos for you all and try and get some decent videos as there is not much available.

My question is can anyone recommend places to purchase the system from? Any preferences or recommendations? Looking at shopping around and seeing whats what.

Cheers

Posted · Report post

From my biking days i remember Akrapovic stuff being very good at emptying ones wallet very quickly. The stuff they make is very good quality though.

Posted · Report post

Lads and ladies

I have made my mind up and cannot wait any longer. I am looking to purchase the Akrapovic Evolution catback system. It fits all my requirements from all the research I have conducted.

When I get it delivered I will do a writeup on it with photos for you all and try and get some decent videos as there is not much available.

My question is can anyone recommend places to purchase the system from? Any preferences or recommendations? Looking at shopping around and seeing whats what.

Cheers

Off the Akraprovic's website.

SCUDERIA AUTOART PTY LTD
Unit 2, 39 Hotham Pde Artarmon NSW 2064 Australia 
Tel: 02 9114 6886
E-mail: sales@scuderia-autoart.com

http://www.scuderia-autoart.com/

Would love to know how it goes as I'm thinking of getting this myself.

Posted · Report post

I agree. Very pricey but nothing compares to quality in comparison

What i know: below 3k it is just slightly louder than stock so not too loud which suits my needs 100%. Above 3k it is quite exotic sounding.

I most likely will go through that website you suggested hotkgon. Vividracing also quoted me. 

I will keep you posted!

Posted · Report post

Here is a lil clip i made on my go pro. This is paired with Amuse R1 Sport Catalysers. https://youtu.be/cjiu-Ttl5XE

Posted · Report post

Thank you for that. That helps out quite a bit! You're quite happy with the system?

Where did you source it from?

Posted · Report post

Thank you for that. That helps out quite a bit! You're quite happy with the system?

Where did you source it from?

All good mate! :) but yeah absolutely love it! Even with standard cats it has such a blissful note!! I did a full writeup myself on my build thread. I sourced mine from Tunehouse but this was almost 3 yrs ago!!

Posted · Report post

Hey JRZ350, what prices are you being quoted.  Have been thinking of getting an exhaust, wonder how much these are. Group buy? =)

Posted · Report post

Hey JRZ350, what prices are you being quoted.  Have been thinking of getting an exhaust, wonder how much these are. Group buy? =)

Pricing will depend on what options you go for the tips from Stainless steel to sand blasted titanium or the signature Akrapovic carbon fibre.

Posted · Report post

I want the exhaust for the sound, so i would be happy to go for the stainless steel option.

Posted · Report post

Most quotes all end up hust above $4500k inclusive of shipping. A group buy would be amazing.

I have been looking at the carbon tips as they are said to make the note a little more refined so to speak. It is either that or the stainless steel for me. I dnt think there is a stainless option though and it costs the same.

I am happy for a group buy ilusi! I'm in melbourne VIC

Posted · Report post

Wow 4.5k!! Man our dollar is so weak now!! :( CF Or TI is 900 extra but with our we exchange rate expect to pay alot more.

Posted · Report post

That's why i want to shop around ???

Those prices included carbin tips!

Posted · Report post

From vivid racing.... US dollars

Hello Jaron, 
http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/car/product/sports coupe/73?brandId=14&modelId=9&yearId=3906
This system retails $2180 and I can get you a February only price of $2050. The carbon tips list for $730 and I can get you a price of $685.
Shipping this system to you in Australia will be $500 (176 x 64 x 34 30kg) via fedex international.
Total $3235
I will even lower the amount declared to under $1000 AUD so you do not need to pay import taxes. 
This system will take a few days to reach me before I can forward it to you in Australia. 
Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to place an order. “

Posted · Report post

What's the price comparison with Fast Intentions? 

Posted · Report post

I am not sure exact pricing for fast intentions as it is not on my list. I would assume arounf half this price at most... like 75% of all systems

Posted · Report post

The system would want to be good at at that price! 

Posted · Report post

It is the quality and name thats being paid for. I do agree though it is a lot but iv compared a lot of systems and none come close to the welding, fine details, manufacturing. It seems like it is designed to make sure there is no hiss at all too which i appreciate.

Posted · Report post

I received another quote from demon-tweeks in the uk for $4400 AUD which is quite good! This includes carbon fiber tips.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Scuderia-autoart quoted me right on the money at $4529.00

That includes shipping.

Apparently they are going to cease making the carbon tips due to exhaust system upgrades for the evolution line!

The lad bruno was really good to chat too aswell. Very helpful and enthusiastic! 

My money is with them atm. 

Edited by JRZ350

Posted · Report post

Scuderia-autoart quoted me right on the money at $4529.00

That includes shipping.

Apparently they are going to cease making the carbon tips due to exhaust system upgrades for the evolution line!

The lad bruno was really good to chat too aswell. Very helpful and enthusiastic! 

My money is with them atm. 

Plus they are based in aust which makes life easier if there are any issues (I hope there aren't any).

Posted · Report post

Well so far so good.

It was actually refreshing to speak to someone who was so enthusiastic about what he sells and his brand!

Now it is just a waiting game for arrival of the system from slovenia

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well the dream system for me has arrived.

It came in 2 boxes.

What I can you is the exhaust system is very well packed. From the cloth around each part to the bubble wrap, and then the additional packing.

I have yet to open the big box fully which has the major goodies however the smaller box contains the titanium tips. The quality is amazing. I have seen plenty of systems including my brothers s15 spec r system (xforce) and this is just leagues ahead from what I have seen so far. It does come with a nicely printed installation booklet.

I guess you would expect all this for the price...!

I will be dropping off the system over the next few days to the shop where i will have a look at it in more detail. The system will be installed next Tuesday....

The suspense is killin' me!

I'll be posting more as it develops

20160321_144132.jpg

received_10153696697142909.jpeg

Edited by JRZ350

Posted · Report post

So after dropping off the boxes to the shop I was able to open them up to see the goodies. 

I am impressed with what I have seen. My jaw didn't drop too far but happy.

Now the wait for a few days until install. 

20160322_132215.jpg

20160322_132224.jpg

Posted · Report post

So,

The exhaust is on. Thank you very much Protek in Thornbury for a good install and quick turn around! Highly recommend the lads. They workedmy brothers s15 spec r whichhas never missed a beat!

1. First impressions... it is not loud! At idle it is similar to stock just with a hint of deepness to it. I could sum it up as a louder version of the stock sound. It makes the car sound more exotic as research indicated, specially on the blimp. It is very similar to the hi tech system. Under roughly 3k it is as described above. It does burble when I rev it.

2. What the mechanic said... it is very well built. It is hand built in slovenia and the quality shows. The higher grade steel and the welds sets it apart but so too does the finer detailing. It was a perfect fit with no glitches. His only note was the tips should probably sit a little further out but there was not enough pipe to clamp them too. At sits now similar to the stock tips. 

3. Driving... well the car just sounds deeper, more rich in note! It has zero drone. The downshift does make people either stop or turn their heads. It was funny whilst driving around i had one group of young lads stop as I pulled up to the post office staring, and then waiting for me to take off. I did also make a lad stop soon after on the footpath as i drove by... this was just from driving by and downshifting in my estate near a round about. He was smiling and ignoring his mate.  ?

4. Overall... it is close to what i expected just not as loud high up in the rev range. I have not dynoed the car but it feels just the little more punchy low to mid range. Overall perfect for my job as i deal with clients.

5. Do i want anything more... I wouldn't mind the car being a touch louder higher up in the revs from 4k onwards. I have read sometimes it take a week of driving for the exhausts to settle. I do not see this exhaust changing overtime and consequently being louder but time will tell. 

6. Rating... 8.5/10 this is all personal preference and many may like it, love it or loath it. For me it suits my needs to a tee. If you like obnoxiously loud and droney cars this aint the system for you. If you like a smooth, very refined, well built, slightly louder than stock note then this exhaust system would be a perfect fit (yes i know there are loud gokd quality systems out there too ?) the end of the day you could by the hi tech for much less. Not the same quality nor have the epic brand name, but does sound similar (and aus made ?).

I will endeavor to put a video and few more pictures of the system up soon!

Peace out homies

20160329_133044.jpg