Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Invidia Gemini Exhaust

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey guys,

Checking out exhaust options, wanted to get some info and opinions on the Inivida catback system. Never heard one in real life but the sound clips give it a nice raspy sound. Ive seen the pipes in the flesh and they are very good quality and have heard the fitment is ment to be good also. 

Im thinking once the catback is in and money permits, fit a set of aftermarket extractors such as 5zigen handmade ones from Japan with the matching hfc. With an Uprev to compensate for the freer flowing system.

Posted · Report post

Great exhaust, great build quality, great price, great sound.

Posted · Report post

Agree with all the above

Posted · Report post

haha very good review :D 

Is it very loud though? On my 2000 celica i had quite a nice pipe that was nearly straight thru, yet was very quiet at low revs but once you hooked into it, it howled! 

I was hoping to get something similar. I realise it would open up more sound once you open the cats and judging by the exhaust manifold design looks like it has a few resonators in there also. I think its about finding that balance of sound and certainly needs a bit of that big bore jdm rasp :D

Posted · Report post

The Invidia exhaust is not too loud either, but loud enough.

Posted · Report post

Yeah i rekcon once get the cats and the restrictions opened/removed then it will make it alot louder

Posted · Report post

And then about a month after that when you get defected there will be a post here saying 'should I get the exhaust shop to weld in some hotdogs to quieten my exhaust down?' 

I spent ages looking for a decent quality exhaust that wouldn't make my car sound like an ecotec V6 with a fart can and I chose the Invidia Gemini. If you're just going to cut the rest of the exhaust up to make it louder, get a Tomei expreme or something that is designed to be loud and illegal

Posted · Report post

Well performance too not just sound. I do things for function, not just form.

I forget im in NSW some times, my celica was pretty dam loud, even thought it had 100cell magnaflow cat and a magnaflow muffler under full boot with VVTI it used to howl, but you can do that in WA :D

Posted · Report post

Anyone fitting high flowed cats without a tune? The invidia 200cell HFC's are pricey but they compliment the rest of the CBE. 

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't worry too much about getting a tune just because you've fitted hi flow cats/exhaust but a tune would get the most potential from these mods.

Posted (edited) · Report post

12647591_524144147747398_2067261834_n.th

Overnight delivery!

12665658_524144557747357_562820049_n.thu

Edited by Thirteen

Posted · Report post

12647591_524144147747398_2067261834_n.th

Overnight delivery!

12665658_524144557747357_562820049_n.thu

Hey man what was the cost? and where you got them from their website?

Pro speed in Sydney, they appear to be invidia australia dealer.  $1500

Google is your friend

Edited by Thirteen

Posted · Report post

Chucked it all on last night. I must admit it was quite a simple job. The stock system comes off very easily. Some nuts needed a few extra love taps to persuade them to come off. But otherwise no dramas at all. Invidia went on like a charm. Very very good build quality. Everything went in place perfectly and the system sounds really nice!

Posted · Report post

Killer burnt tips. Congrats bud. Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

12648147_524845034343976_1783532859_n.th

Stocker

12650742_524857754342704_34924376_n.thum

Without Tips!

12669323_524859844342495_1099884844_o.th

With Tips

Posted · Report post

12736061_530013880493758_1170356759_n.th

WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!?!

12248815_530014417160371_1117017425_n.th

TA DAAAA nice and unrestrictive

12735724_530014793827000_1047393045_n.th

The light at the end of the tunnel (or start!)

So i also bite the bullet and ordered the Invidia high flow cats, i dunno how they stack up against other brands, but the design of them is really good, the cat is very minimal, this part fit up perfectly on the car, sounds great, so honestly id say from my own personal opinion they are as good as any other HFC system. They were in stock on the shelf and arrived literly the next day at lunch time so thats why i went for them.

Putting them on can be one of THE WORST JOBS EVER Full stop.

I used a few guides online to suss it all out, what you'll need though to save you having to look it up is

Breaker Bar (i used 600mm)
about 60-70cm of Exentions for the breaker
universal socket fitting
Socket (when turning a breaker get too hard basket)
14mm sockets, spanners
22mm spanner for 02 sensor
patience (alot of this required)

Basically you need to put the front of the car up, undo the 4x 14mm cat brace bolts that hold up the brace bar to secure the cats. get ya 22mm out and crack the o2 sensors out (DO NOT DAMAGE THESE OR BE ROUGH ON THEM, these need to be reused) Mine were extra stuck to  a light tap on the spanner with the hammer of thor made them give way. 

undo the 2x 14mm bolts on either of the ends of the cats (leading onto the start of your cat back system) then be prepared for many hours of fun!

I took the engine cover, all the intake pipes, the air boxes all out to make space on either side. You have barely any room to get tools in there, hence the super long extensions.

12767606_531086753719804_1299579385_n.th Thats my breaker bar with 1meter of extentions :)

12736424_531105743717905_739541624_n.thu

Thats how much space you have. Whats more there is a 3rd bolt down in there that requires the socket onto the nut, then a universal, then the extensions, it looks so awkward and im amazing it doesnt just round off but i got them free!

This picture is very significant because i did round this nut off, it caused so much anger but i persisted after taking a break. I got the drivers off no worries and had the fitted but this one was just stuck.

Anyway went back to the shop and bought some bolt extractors12767554_531138283714651_286802238_n.thu

So back to trying it again, had my 70cm of extensions on and started to turn, i might add i needed to add a 1 meter long piece of tube pipe over the breaker bar to get even more torque onto the bolt it was that tight. Started to turn and i hard a "CRACK" F**K YEAH i thought, its free....... so i put the socket on and started to turn and then it started to get tighter and tighter.... OH NO its rounded even more, all i did was round into the nut more......... So breaker on and keep trying, as i still had some feel on the bolt..... going and going and going then.......

BANG!!!!!!!!! looked down and

snaped the bolt in half :D 

12736611_531138330381313_951620296_o.thu

Note the chewed out head.

Anyway, rest just fits in place, its all very simple once those 3 bolts are undone, just put things in place and tight them up. Reverse of how you undo them!

12746600_531137573714722_2014039292_n.th12767594_531138213714658_787179852_n.thu

12752234_531137660381380_1031093290_o.th12767255_531137700381376_1679928577_n.th

12767363_531137797048033_1514243353_n.th

After a small drive that day and then a big drive the next day its starting to get louder and louder and my word the car sounds grunty. I wouldnt say there is much rasp to the system, but it has a very meaty sound to it. Little bit of burbly and a few little pops and back fire for fun :D

However one thing i really like about the whole system is on idle its actually very quiet, nearly as loud as stock, but once you give it any throttle you can hear it gradually and then from around 2500rpm > it sings (or rather howls). The sound to me isn't really intrusive either. The cabin noise is there, but not just a big grey noise, it has a clear and defined note. Its also a very big step up from just the Cat back system. Listening to youtube clips doesnt really do it justice as the step up in sound and the change in the note. So if your having trouble deciding, if you like the sound of the CBE then leave it at that. If you want more then definitely HFC. From what i read others say around 30% moore sound. Which i think is accurate. I was driving through the traffic just idling along and thought, its not really that loud, then took off and was reminded "yep" there's that sound!!

In terms of performance my mate reckons it certainly feels noticeably like its a tad bit quicker and i reckon the same. IMO well worth it really brings the car to life and gives it some serious character, 

Edited by Thirteen

So a little update for anyone interested. System i'd say is broken in and the smells from the new pipe are now gone. I must say it is loud. Not race car obnoxious loud, but its very obvious if you heard it which car it is. But it has a very mean note. I feel like also it adds alot of character to the car. When backing down gears even has a little growl and grumble. 

Anyone considering going full high flow cat should definitely do it. Im over the moon with the system and often think hmmm the car inst that loud or needs something else... Then i start it up and BAM, there's that sound! The car hasn't throw up a warning or a code so the system is well made and works with the car perfectly!

Music for the soul :D

Edited by Thirteen

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the write up mate. Enjoy the music.

Posted · Report post

I have done the same system for my Z and love it. Have you got an engine light after putting the hi flows on?

Posted · Report post

Nope still nothing to this day. Start perfectly. Runs normally. Fuel economy is the same so not running richer. Runs perfect sounds good.

Posted · Report post

That's great to hear you are happy with your system! Just out of curiosity, is it dual 2 1/4 inch exhaust?

Posted · Report post

2.5 Inch either side, So each bank has its own 2.5 inch. The system doesnt connect into a single point the whole way stays like 3x2 the whole way through.

Posted · Report post

i think you have answered my question,

cant choose what HFC to go with an invidia CBE, but i like your write up.

i also cant find any vids on the both together, would you be able to upload one? :D

Cheerrs