Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Greetings!

22 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just wanted to jump on and introduce myself to the community. I am probably more of a silent member who likes to listen to others more than offer advice on things I have limited knowledge of. One of my main mottos I live by is that it's better to be silent & have people think you are a fool rather than to speak and prove them right.

Anyways.... 

I am in the process of acquiring a beautiful & unmodified balck manual 370z from Perth in WA. You may have seen in on carsales. The ks' were probably higher than what I would have liked (155 000), but he is the original owner (purchased new) who has been a mature driver with log books up to date and serviced by Nissan dealership. Even with having it transported with CEVA I thought the price tag of 19 was pretty reasonable. Looking forward to adding some tasteful modifications including, but not limited to, fully adjustable coilover suspension, tinted windows, 20 inch deep dished rims, front spoiler ( possibly a rear one), changing the gear knob & buying another set of original z floor mats ( yes, I know...outlandish), adding on my wife's prestige plates ( I LUV JL). Also going to add a smoke tint to the headlights & tailights since it's not our daily. Feeling pretty pumped & can't wait for its arrival as it won't be leaving Perth until mid next week & will take 13-15 days in transit.

Previous rides have included a black 04 HSV Clubsprt, 95 Twin Turboed Supra and a variety of other vehicles. I've always been known for having a nice ride, with the exception of a messy period in my life when I went through a divorce and child custody arrangements in which I was forced into buying my mothers 04 Hyundai Elantra (which I later sold back to her once I was back on my feet again).

Well that's it for now. Really excited to meet fellow 350/370z enthusiasts ?

Jayson

Posted · Report post

Welcome mate, sounds like you got a bit of a bargain there :)

Posted · Report post

Thanks mate. I hope you are right. I must admit to have devoted months of searching & comparing. I was originally looking at 350z's, even contemplated a gt86. But when this one came along I thought it would be the only opportunity to get into a 370z as I though they were a bit of a pipe dream as I couldn't afford 25-30k plus to own one.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome! :)

Posted · Report post

Im from Perth in the market for a white 370z :)

yes ive seen the black 370 you're talking about... 'you fool!' ;) haha nah congrats bud 

Keen to see your outcome :D

Posted · Report post

Lol..."you fool". You got me. My heart was in my mouth few a second or two :) 

I will post my progress & keep the community informed as well as ask for advice from time to time.

let the good times roll!

Posted · Report post

Welcome to the forum.

We look forward to seeing your Z around.

:)

Posted · Report post

Thanks badthing! Nothing better than seeing a z or 3 or 50 or even 70 on the streets ?

Posted · Report post

Zelcome.

Posted · Report post

Hi. Thought I would drop in & give a quick update. 370z has been picked up by CEVA, taken to a depot & is now awaiting transport from Perth rail :) 

Posted · Report post

Oooooooo. So close.

Posted · Report post

Yep....so close!! 

In the meantime I purchased a set of BC er series coilovers today. They should arrive before the z does :)  As well as the smoked tint for the head & tail lights.

image.png

Posted · Report post

Well it's finally here...actually it arrived a week ago but I've been too sick to do much about it :(  

However, today I took it in & got the RWC & had the coilovers fitted :) 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

Posted · Report post

Hi & Welcome...

If you are looking at buying the latest Zed Wheels I have a set for sale - I changed up to some 20' within the first two weeks of buying my 2015 white 370Z so the wheels/tyres have only done 1000k.. They are in perfect condition no marks whatsoever... Photo attached below of the wheels and also a pic of my car with the mods so far....

12079607_10207761901109432_623995210990348317_n.jpg

12080207_10206210713759832_2404771985333417690_o.jpg

12113331_10206210711519776_1653809574422382203_o.jpg

Posted · Report post

Congrats jayson, let the mods beginnnnnn...

Posted · Report post

Thanks Gazza & Ziipper! I just LOVE mods (my wallet doesn't share my passion!).

Thanks too for the offer of your Z rims Gazza but I've already got a set of 20's lined up  :)

image.png

Posted · Report post

Wow, that is one sweet looking 370. Simple but sweet i would say. Love how the car is so clean for the km's its done and sitting very nicely with the stock look. Well done on the excellent pick up.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Gazza & Ziipper! I just LOVE mods (my wallet doesn't share my passion!).

Thanks too for the offer of your Z rims Gazza but I've already got a set of 20's lined up  :)

image.png

No Problem..... Enjoy the future path of Upgrades & enhancements - I Certainly Have & Do on a regular basis...

Gary....

Posted · Report post

Well it's been a while since I posted any updates but better late than never I guess. Finally put on a set of 20" Advan Racing rims. 9.0 front & 10.5 rear. Also got the windows tinted nice & dark.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

Posted · Report post

Looks good champ, definitely looks in good condition for those kms! any luck with the smoking/ tinting of the lights yet? I've got a black z too, thinking of having the tails tinted as well, fronts love the custom halo/ demon eyes with colour coded internals :) check out Luminance Autowerke (could be off with spelling)...

Posted · Report post

Thanks Trent. Always nice to hear from a fellow Z fan (love what you are doing with your project, will be good to see some pics with your new rims on it) gotta love the black ?

I actually found some pre cut dark tint/smoked adhesive covers for the tail lights but haven't tried fitting them yet....I should look into doing that this weekend ? 

I was thinking about tinting the front lights with film but the shape of them with the bump in the middle is putting me off. Will probably be a job for a paint/panel shop & have them sprayed but not sure if I want to go that route. 

Thanks for the tip with the headlights, I will have to look into that as well.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Trent. Always nice to hear from a fellow Z fan (love what you are doing with your project, will be good to see some pics with your new rims on it) gotta love the black ?

I actually found some pre cut dark tint/smoked adhesive covers for the tail lights but haven't tried fitting them yet....I should look into doing that this weekend ? 

I was thinking about tinting the front lights with film but the shape of them with the bump in the middle is putting me off. Will probably be a job for a paint/panel shop & have them sprayed but not sure if I want to go that route. 

Thanks for the tip with the headlights, I will have to look into that as well.

No worries, shame your way up in QLD! yeh not planning to do too much more but easier said than done, like your just throwing some new rims on make a big difference. I have seen those and some similar ones, as you said front may be hard. I had some rear tint on my old car wasn't too bad but they were pretty much small and flat so easier/ tidier install. A spray would definitely look better but be in trouble if its too dark or the police have an issue. Yeh not overly expensive either, think it was around the $550 mark. Keen to see how the tint turns out :)