Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

VQ35HR Light throttle hesitation

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Thought I should add my continued experiences with this issue...

After having the gearbox oil changed, diff oil changed and drive shafts in the diff lubed up (as a matter of course; not to recify this issue haha) it did seem to improve this issue somewhat for me, but it never went away unfortunately - I barely notice it now but that's probably me compensating for it with the clutch and driving style more than anything.

However, after browsing the UK forum recently I came across this thread with some further insights to the issue:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/105256-hr-jerk-someone-get-technical-on-me/

Sounds like it's an ECU issue - has anyone had a remap on HR's over here that noticed this issue before but not after?

Hopefully this provides a new avenue for people to investigate should they wish :)

Posted · Report post

I think I have got the solution to this problem. I had exactly the same symptoms.

Nissan wanted to change the right hand side throttle body. but it was nothing to do with that.

I found a really good mechanic who knows his stuff. Because there was no trouble codes he checked out the fuel system first.

there are two fuel dampers, one on each fuel rail. He replaced those and the problem was solved.

The car runs smooth all the time now.

I got the fuel dampers from the US on Ebay. They are pretty cheap, so it's worth a shot.

Posted · Report post

So still have the problem, havent really been driving the car much but as the good weather is returning will be driving it much more.

One thing i have notice is that went its cold this no problem but once it starts to warm up it starts to hesitate around 1000rpm/1200rpm when taking off and when going through the gears on first touch of the accelerator. 

Any ideas what it might be? 

Posted · Report post

I had some success with the plug change but the problem wasnt fully cured until I had the Osiris tune. I have since had the car retuned for a different set up (stock ! ) and there is no hint of the light throttle hesitation under any driving condition.