Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Varrstoen 2.2.1 or Rota Grid R?

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Opinions? are varrstoens worth the extra $500? only real difference i can tell between them is that the spokes on the Rotas are more aggressive than the Varrstoens spoke

Rota

post-12662-0-44442700-1418796266_thumb.j

Varrstoen 2.2.1

post-12662-0-19994900-1418796291_thumb.j

which on looks better on a 350z? in your opinions

Posted · Report post

Based off looks I would go the Varrstoens everyday (which is why I bought them haha). The straighter spokes look more high end and less of a copy wheel in my opinion, I suspect this is pretty subjective though depending on personal taste.

Posted · Report post

I would go with varrstoen as well but the price kinda puts me off because I could get enkei RPF1 for the same price lol...btw what offset did you go with? +22 all round?. because someone i know is selling a pair of 18x10.5+15, which i know would fit but would mean i would need to go with an aggressive offset on the front two

Posted · Report post

Pay a bit more and get genuine

Posted · Report post

Rota are just a cheap sand cast wheel - the Varrstoen are good buying for only $500 more

Posted · Report post

just found a set of varrstoen 2.2.1 18 inch from concept performance for 1.4k delivered compared to 1.8k delivered from varrstoen australia. A little off topic but if i do decide to get a set I will be getting F:18x9.5+12 R:18x10.5+15 with F:245/40/18 R:265/40/18 tyres, will this fit with 30mm drop all round?

Posted · Report post

A mate got a set of brand new work xd9s from Jesse streeter for $1400 (including air freight) $1800 for fake wheels is ridiculous

Those sizes will fit fine, especially if you lower it

Posted · Report post

A mate got a set of brand new work xd9s from Jesse streeter for $1400 (including air freight) $1800 for fake wheels is ridiculous

Those sizes will fit fine, especially if you lower it

Yeah lol completely agree with you. I might actually try and save up a little bit up for a set of Enkei RPF1 (about 1.6k for a set) but the high offset of the OEM wheels are starting to get to me lol...I was really contemplating getting 25mm spacers all round and lowering the car 30mm or so. 

Posted · Report post

Yeah they are a great wheel. One of the lightest wheels out there too. I had them in 9.5 and 10.5 +15, nice meaty fitment