Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

350z best sounding exhaust

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey guys,

Just got my 350z and I'm looking at exhausts, I want your opinions on what exhaust you think sounds the best! Thanks in advance! Tom

Posted · Report post

Hi Tom . Its a bit of a personal choice thing with exhausts. I have the Amuse titanium and think it sounds great but others like louder exhausts. It depends on your budget also as mine cost over $3000 but it looks cool too

post-3843-0-61987300-1407828458_thumb.jp

Posted · Report post

I have a V35 but my exhaust is:

Tomei Headers

Berk HFC's

Motordyne TDX2

And its pretty loud!! but if you are on a flat bit of road and take your foot off the pedal its surprisingly very quiet

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys, the amuse titanium is pretty awesome! Might have to look into getting one :)

Posted · Report post

I am thinking about taking my Amuse off to sell . It's only been on a bit over a year . If I get the right offer

Posted · Report post

I am thinking about taking my Amuse off to sell . It's only been on a bit over a year . If I get the right offer

If you do let me know mate, if you could PM me a rough price that would be great!

What's the reason for taking it off?

Posted · Report post

Hey Bud i have the Nismo Exhaust, I think it's amazing. Has a popping noise at high revs. 
Not cheap though around $3000 

Posted · Report post

Here's a sound of mine -  although its a mix of brands lol.  Impul catchback - Motordyne Y pipe single cat (with berk decat pipes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIJ21hV6kNA

some people love it some people hate it haha

Posted · Report post

I spent ages making sure I got an exhaust that wouldn't end up sounding like a V6 Commodore, and ended up with the Invidia Gemini CBE. A few members on here are running the same system.

Here is a crap sound clip of mine, you can find heaps more on YouTube: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJLJ8z9kSiM

Posted · Report post

I'm selling the car so I would sell the amuse seperately if I got a good offer

Posted · Report post

Is there anyone on the forum running the Stillen exhaust?  I have read lots that its very quiet until WOT, but cant seem to get someone to confirm it.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for all the input guys!

Posted · Report post

As others have said, exhaust note is really personal preference. Some people like that race car / Honda raspiness, some people prefer a deeper tone with more of a rumble. Then there's how much volume you want.

It's always best to hear several different exhausts and decide what you like.

If you're going to keep it NA, though, and you're willing to spend the readies then I'm going to guess that running any catback downstream of a set of long-tube extractors will be magic.

I'm not a massive fan of the Nismo catback but that sounds pretty epic. I don't know where you can get long tubes for RHD cars though. :(

Posted · Report post

Tommy

I went through this a while ago and researched the heck out of it. I wanted something that sounded good but did not drone or rasp and I also wanted something fairly stealth and stock looking.  I was really about an increase in performacne more than anything else.  I settled on a Hi-Tech cat back as they are Australian made and dyno tested (check out their Website Hi-Tech Mufflers and read the reviews online everyone raves about it).  I am in Brisbane myself and I am trading the Z in a month or so on a family car so if you want to come and have a listen to it email me mrdcastelli @ gmail.com.  I have had really positive comments from Z owners and non-Z onwers.

To be honest if you really like the sound and performance I can part it out to you cheap (as I still have my stock exhaust and the dealer won't give me more on the trade for it), they are only $1,100 brand new and I would only be chasing half that (also I have only had it on the car for less than 1 year and 1000kms). I have it matched to a K&N induction and cold air box (also had for a year) and it sounds amazing (they actually send you a dyno chart with this aswell!!).  You can have that too it you want it or even if you want to have a listen.  I bought all these parts thinking I was going to bring the old girl back to her former glory but life anf amily got in the way :-(

Cheers
350Z_QLD

Posted · Report post

Hey bud, what's the specs? Dual/single? Diameter?

Posted · Report post

Tommy

I went through this a while ago and researched the heck out of it. I wanted something that sounded good but did not drone or rasp and I also wanted something fairly stealth and stock looking.  I was really about an increase in performacne more than anything else.  I settled on a Hi-Tech cat back as they are Australian made and dyno tested (check out their Website Hi-Tech Mufflers and read the reviews online everyone raves about it).  I am in Brisbane myself and I am trading the Z in a month or so on a family car so if you want to come and have a listen to it email me mrdcastelli @ gmail.com.  I have had really positive comments from Z owners and non-Z onwers.

To be honest if you really like the sound and performance I can part it out to you cheap (as I still have my stock exhaust and the dealer won't give me more on the trade for it), they are only $1,100 brand new and I would only be chasing half that (also I have only had it on the car for less than 1 year and 1000kms). I have it matched to a K&N induction and cold air box (also had for a year) and it sounds amazing (they actually send you a dyno chart with this aswell!!).  You can have that too it you want it or even if you want to have a listen.  I bought all these parts thinking I was going to bring the old girl back to her former glory but life anf amily got in the way :-(

Cheers

350Z_QLD

Awesome! Thanks, will send u an email :)

Posted · Report post

Hey bud, what's the specs? Dual/single? Diameter?

It's all stock standard twin at the moment

Posted · Report post

Hey tommy I have a hitech exhaust which to me sounds fantasticcccc! I absolutely love it. There's one for sale on the forums at the moment. No drone at all. Can't tell it's there at cruising speed 100kmh. But gives a nice roar under hard acceleration. There is also a Fujitsubo on gumtree really cheap it's only 500$. Apparently they are extremely quiet and subtle. YouTube any of them most exhaust of posted on there. Good luck!