Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Stupid Coilover Related Question

20 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just wondering, if I get coilovers for my 370Z, can I keep it at the standard ride height or does automatically lower the height no matter what?

The reason I ask is because I dont want the car to scrape on my driveway.

Furthermore, will I lose any/all of the benefits of coilovers if I keep it at the standard height?

Thanks in advance.

Posted · Report post

Whoops wrong forum.

Posted · Report post

You can run standard ride height and still obtain the benefits of coil overs

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys.

Any suggestions on what coilovers to get?

Posted · Report post

Just spoke to Centreline, they are recommending BC coilovers for $1950 fitted and aligned. Any good?

Posted · Report post

Keith Flanagan (KF365)  uses them on his car to good effect ... pretty good BFYB if you cannot stretch your budget any further

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the heads up BGTV8.

Any other coilover suggestions?

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the heads up BGTV8.

Any other coilover suggestions?

KW V3's are great but maximum ride height is about an inch lower than stock.

Posted · Report post

I am also using BC Racing. They really are great value for money. If you do get them, make sure it's the ER version for separate compression & rebound adjustability.

Posted · Report post

Keith Flanagan (KF365)  uses them on his car to good effect ... pretty good BFYB if you cannot stretch your budget any further

What options would you recommend for the ultimate daily setup that see some occasional spirited driving and very few if any trackdays?

Posted · Report post

Personally I have KW v3, but knowing what I know now I;d go MCA with the most affordable series ... Blue, X, Red of Gold - how deep is your pocket.

Posted · Report post

+ MCA - Well built and Australian made!! Speak to Josh or Luke and they will suggest the perfect set up and custom spring rates for you ... They are also true coilovers.  

Posted · Report post

I think the Blues and Reds are Australian assembled, but components made OS, not that that's a problem. I've used the blues they did the job, for my purposes. 

Posted · Report post

+ MCA - Well built and Australian made!! Speak to Josh or Luke and they will suggest the perfect set up and custom spring rates for you ... They are also true coilovers.  

Did you need to run any camber arms and toe arms in the rear with the MCAs?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Out if the box MCA is 17 mm lower than stock, if you want to get maximum tire wear then yes but stock arms get very close to OEM settings.

Edited by BEN313

Posted · Report post

I have recently invested in a set of the MCA "Reds". Yes a true coilover in the rear so those big springs in the trailing arms are deleted now. Fantastic ride! I previously had BC-BR's which I didn't think were to bad although a bit harsh and was lowered about 25mm with aftermarket camber arms and traction rods. I am higher now using MCA's recommended height settings (suspension needs to travel) and I don't miss being lower one bit. (I'm a bit over scraping on driveways, etc).

Posted · Report post

I got mca blue coilovers. Got them fitted drive in drive out 1700. 

Not bad coilovers.  The car is lowered so the ride is a bit stiff . Im sure at a stock height they would be very comfortable still

Posted (edited) · Report post

Congrats ! Recommended travel is a minimum of 75 mm otherwise it may bottom out, and having it on the heaviest setting doesn't mean it will handle best .. Josh from MCA can help you with that, they did a lot of testing on 370Z .. They don't even recommend replacing the EOM  swaybars as they are good enough for track with their coilovers.

Its very easy to ruin the ride in the 370Z BTW..

Each to their own I guess......

Edited by BEN313