Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Suggestions on rims and other accessories

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi there, just a little about myself, jusdt ordered a z so not officially an owner yet, but in the middle of getting

parts for the car will arive in the here in like 3 weeks i can start wacking everything on straight away, anyways

looking at:

1. ROTA GRID rims 19'( cant afford TE37sl after this purchase lol)

2. BC BR coilovers

3. Evo R rear carbon defuser

3. exhaust - wanting a dual cannon setup with that agressive angle, looks awsome,

any suggetions for australian suppliers would be great as i dont want to ship from

the states

4. mines rear spoiler lip still trying to souce one

so any suggestions would be greatly appriciated, and thanks in advance

Posted · Report post

Hi there, just a little about myself, jusdt ordered a z so not officially an owner yet, but in the middle of getting

parts for the car will arive in the here in like 3 weeks i can start wacking everything on straight away, anyways

looking at:

2. BC BR coilovers

3. exhaust - wanting a dual cannon setup with that agressive angle, looks awsome,

any suggetions for australian suppliers would be great as i dont want to ship from

the states

That's a quality starting list you have there! Have to share once you start making progress :)

Only other thing I'd suggest is window tint.

Are you buying new/used?

Posted · Report post

Rota Grids come in shocking sizes and offsets for the 350z, you'd be having to fit spacers if you wanted them anywhere near the edge of the guard.

Take a look at Varrstoen 2.2.2's if you like that sort of wheel in better offsets and wider widths for about the same price.

Posted · Report post

That's a quality starting list you have there! Have to share once you start making progress :)

Only other thing I'd suggest is window tint.

Are you buying new/used?

yeh buying new, car is getting built at the moment, i work at a nissan dealer, so wanted a fresh built one, just me and my ocd lol

Posted · Report post

Rota Grids come in shocking sizes and offsets for the 350z, you'd be having to fit spacers if you wanted them anywhere near the edge of the guard.

Take a look at Varrstoen 2.2.2's if you like that sort of wheel in better offsets and wider widths for about the same price.

just a question do you think im downgrading if i get these rims over keeping the OEM Rays, and the Varrstoen are nice too

Posted · Report post

I don't think it's a downgrade, depending on what offsets and widths you get they will fill up the arches pretty well and look close to TE's without spending stupid money. They're wheels, they get scratched and scuffed and chipped etc so in my opinion it's not worth all that money just to worry about your wheels every time you go anywhere.

6457102163_5355df556a_b-e1354668823485.j  6457098681_e68525e4c8_b-e1354668797988.j  6457100573_36c3a3e1a7_b-e1354668811798.j

Those are Varrstoen ES2's but close enough to get the idea

Posted · Report post

^Big fan of these, depends how much cash you have to throw around. Personally I wouldn't pay over $1500 for wheels so these varro's would be a good choice for me. I've got koya racing on mine, think they cost me $2,500 including rubber and alignment lol

Posted · Report post

For what it's worth, I think the Rays rims on the 2013+ 370Z are amongst the coolest stock rims ever put on a car.

Posted · Report post

For what it's worth, I think the Rays rims on the 2013+ 370Z are amongst the coolest stock rims ever put on a car.

Agreed. I like all the 19" Rays 370z wheels, but would probably rate the Nismo ones as the nicest.

Personally I find it hard to justify getting aftermarket wheels when the stock ones are so good.

Posted · Report post

Love my k13 ray's factory rims. Thinking of powder coating them in chrome black.

Back to the topic thou .. varrstoens look sexy az.

Posted · Report post

Hi

Have an unmarked set of US original OEM Nismo rims with Yoko Advan tyres with about 5000kms on them they are pristine with no marks. See pictures.

There are two types of 370z Nismo 19" rim sets, there is the OEM set which are 10.5"R & 9.5"F which only come off US Nismo 370z's and then there is the aftermarket S-Tune Nismo set which are 10"R & 9"F. The S-Tune ones are easy to get from Z-Store or any Nissan US dealer, but the OEM ones are very hard to get, let alone import unless you live in the US. You can only buy OEMs second hand it seems there is a dealer embargo to buying new OEM's as you need to quote the US Nismo VIN to be able to order a set in the US to maintain exclusivity for US Nismo owners.

Details are:

Original 18” (2009-2010)

18" x 8.0" (front) and 18" x 9.0" (rear) 5-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels

225/50WR18 (front) and 245/45WR18 (rear)

Sports 19” (2010 - 2014) plus Nismo S-Tune Accessories Rims

19" x 9.0" +47 (front) and 19" x 10.0" +30 (rear) 5-spoke RAYS® super-lightweight forged alloy wheels

245/40WR19 (front) and 275/35WR19 (rear) Bridgestone® Potenza® high-performance tires

Nismo OEM 19”

19" x 9.5" +40 (front) and 19" x 10.5" +23 (rear) 5-spoke NISMO super-lightweight forged alloy wheels by RAYS®

245/40YR19 (front) and 285/35YR19 (rear) Yokohama® ADVAN Sport® high-performance tires

To get this set of OEMs I used the US forums and went in the "front door" and made offers direct to 370z Nismo owners until I struck gold from a really great guy in Dallas/Fort Worth. It took 6 months of hard work and a very considerable cost. There is only a very limited number of confirmed sets of OEMs that I know about in this part of the world.

They are totally the most exclusive accessory you can buy the Oz 370z. They need no spacers or suspension upgrades if you dont want, they simply bolt on using the same wheel nuts. Will include the OEM imported lock nuts for these wheels that cost an arm and a leg,  in the deal.

For the perfect wheel gap need just a little drop from the BC coil overs and you have an easy mod and a great OEM look that our blue friends will not look twice at. (See the picture attached of the look)

If you are in the market for something exclusive drop me a PM.

Located in Newcastle. I am the only owner from import in 2010 and I want to place these with a collector who will appreciate them

Termac

post-48-0-94155200-1398251394_thumb.jpg

post-48-0-49474500-1398252358_thumb.jpg

post-48-0-47045700-1398252367_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Nice write up termac..

Posted · Report post

Upgrade or downgrade is going to depend on your objectives. If you're after performance the OEM RAYS forged wheels will be better than a set of cheap cast wheels. If you're after looks, well, that's in the eye of the beholder. What's the figment on Evo R products like? I've found a lot of those copycats tend to have poor fitment, which should irritate someone that's OCD about quality on their car.

Posted · Report post

Check out zoom garage for Nutek wheels. Majestik has em on his ride.

Look Cccrrrraaaazzzzzyyyy.post-11740-0-68309400-1398391860_thumb.jpost-11740-0-40290100-1398391927_thumb.j

Posted · Report post

looking at:

2. BC BR coilovers

the states

I would also look at getting HFCs to go along with the exhaust. This will give you a deeper growl. I have Berk HFC and I like them. So I would recommend getting Berk HFCs.

Posted · Report post

I tell you what Zuse, that's not a bad list of kit to be starting off with. I don't know whether its just me but there is nothing wrong with Rota's, I think a lot of it is badge snobbery. You've made a good start there dude.

Posted · Report post

thanks for the feedback guys its given me A LOT to think about now, will be doinmg more research on rims and HFC

Posted · Report post

I would have to agree that the '13 rims are very nice for a factory rim, although personally id prefer the nismo rims if money wasn't a problem.

@Termac, are these the same ones you are talking about? albeit in gun metal. they look sex in silver!

http://www.conceptzperformance.com/Cart/items.php?Car_Type=NIS370&car_cat=Wheels&CA=48&UID=20140531214111110.22.67.219

@zuse, what are you doing with your standard rims when you get your new ones? The exhausts I've been looking at are much cheaper in the states than here, i think I'm going to have to import when i get my Z.

Posted · Report post

I would have to agree that the '13 rims are very nice for a factory rim, although personally id prefer the nismo rims if money wasn't a problem. @Termac, are these the same ones you are talking about? albeit in gun metal. they look sex in silver! http://www.conceptzperformance.com/Cart/items.php?Car_Type=NIS370&car_cat=Wheels&CA=48&UID=20140531214111110.22.67.219 @zuse, what are you doing with your standard rims when you get your new ones? The exhausts I've been looking at are much cheaper in the states than here, i think I'm going to have to import when i get my Z.
Yes. I also got them on my car.

Posted · Report post

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knew: are Lenso project D1R wheels forged? Such an awesome looking wheel, but I can't find any info whether they're cast or forged :/

Posted · Report post

Hard to think they are forged given the price

Posted · Report post

Hi everybody.

This is my first post and hoping I am in the right place for my first question. Have taken delivery of my first 370z Auto which I have been admiring for many years. I will be using the car

as an everyday car and was also interested in comfort. Have conflicting answers and a lack of commitment from Nissan Australia and mag stores.

I was hoping to store my original 19'' Rays and try 18'' 225 front and 245 rear. Nissan will not agree to officially endorsing this and I have been told this is okay from others as long as the

tyre diameters are same as original. 678mm front and 676 rear. There is concern for ABS and Auto performance. Motorsport have told me they would endorse 18" 245 275 but not 225 245.

USA has 225 275 as standard and was wondering if i am creating problems with 225 275 18".

Thanks

Joe

Posted · Report post

Sorry, meant USA stock 225 245

Posted · Report post

You should keep the rolling ratio as close to stock as possible for the Australian-delivered models. The US cars could have a different VDC calibration.