Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Prospective 350Z owner here :)

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Morning everyone,

My name's Jamie and I'm from Sydney. I've been on the hunt for a 'new' car for nearly 9 months now, and my travels have taken me from Evo's, to WRX's, Mercedes' and Audi's. I've always admired the aggressiveness of the 350Z and had a chance to sit in one at a dealer the other day. I'm now kicking myself for not taking it for a test drive, because I've since done considerable research on the car and it's now a serious contender! I've joined up here to continue this research and learn the in's and out's of the car. I'm heading overseas for Easter so I won't have a chance to test drive until after I get back, but if all goes according to plan, I may well join your ranks in the next couple of weeks :)

Cheers!

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Zclub! Keep us posted. :)

Posted · Report post

Much appreciated guys, will definitely let you know how I get on!

Posted · Report post

Welcome to ZClub mate, what year 350Z was it? We should be able to give a bit more advice of any common issues etc. You have to test drive it mate! DO IIIIT you wont turn back. 

Let us know what you think or any progress

Posted · Report post

It was a 2007 I believe, but the interior was a complete mess! I'm not sure what the previous owner(s) had done in there, cock fighting would be my guess. Hardly any black left on the plastics, it was all scratched/gouged off!

Regardless, I'll be test driving as soon as I get home from overseas  :thumbsup:

Posted · Report post

Welcome J.. Glad your hooked on getting a zee. You've made a great choice.

Will be glad to hear about your quest when u get back cuz.

Posted · Report post

Welcome J.. Glad your hooked on getting a zee. You've made a great choice.

Will be glad to hear about your quest when u get back cuz.

Much appreciated zipper :)

I arrived home last night and am now seriously keen to get behind the wheel of a Z! I'm scouting carsales for a manual Pewter 350 coupe, so hopefully one will present itself in a timely manner and I'll be on my way!  :thumbsup:

Posted · Report post

Welcome buddy!

Good luck on your search, be sure to post up when you find one you like! :)

Posted · Report post

It was a 2007 I believe, but the interior was a complete mess! I'm not sure what the previous owner(s) had done in there, cock fighting would be my guess. Hardly any black left on the plastics, it was all scratched/gouged off!

Regardless, I'll be test driving as soon as I get home from overseas  :thumbsup:

Welcome ,  pretty much all the 350's had the flakey rubber blues.  It's a real easy fix, usually takes around a six pack and around half a day out of your WE.

The plastic bits pop off real easy.  Sand them back, prime, spray with your choice of colour.  I matched the car (pewter) There's a couple of threads here somewhere.   

Keep looking and asking. Good luck.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for that pez! I've actually had a look around at replacement CF interiors which seem reasonable for the effect they have on the car. Otherwise I'd happily take the console apart and do as you did :)

Posted · Report post

Hi just bought my 350 six weeks ago the car been looked after 80k on the clock the only marked up parts door handles and centre cubby hatch on dash quick visit to lakeside nissan $600 approx later parts ordered from Japan 2 weeks later fitted and all good. Ps test drove it and bought it straight away.

Posted · Report post

How about a 12.5 month thread bump/update? :D

About a month after my last post, I ended up buying my dream Jap cap, an Evolution VIII GSR (see below).

qPFQaxgl.png

I've now had her for a year (celebrated my 1-year Evoversary yesterday), and am looking for my next project.

I'm very keen on doing an engine build in the next year or so, and think that the 350z would be a great platform for an LS1/2 swap.

There are a couple of factors in play at the moment determining whether I can sell the Evo and pick up a project, or whether I'll need to maintain a running car to get to/from work.

I thought I'd just give a quick update, it's definitely been overdue!

Posted · Report post

An LS2/2 in a 350Z does give a great result - but it's a hell of an exercise (time/money/custom)