Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

supercharger for 370

41 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

has anyone supercharged 370 without rebuilding motor.What I wont to do is run a small amount of boost,say 450/500HP without hurting the motor(keeping it reliable)

Posted · Report post

Hi Elvis,

I have moved your query to From General ZClub Events to 370Z Performance & Tech, Engine & Drivetrain.

And in answer to your inquiry there are direct bolt on kits available on the market provided some research is done which don't require an engine rebuild and most supercharger kits for the Z are capable of the figures you are after without compromising reliability and drivability. Hope this helps somewhat.

Posted · Report post

stillen is the easier/cheaper supercharger to go for. but there is also GTM. performance is around the same on both kits running @ 10PSI.

Posted · Report post

Does anyone on this forum actual have one or done this.would love to hear from someone who has.

Posted · Report post

Maybe look up the members rides section for 370z's with forced builds. What did you wanna know specifically?

Pay a shop or diy remove the engine from under the car, and buy a bolt on kit. Then get a z experienced shop to tune it from maps in the kit or a custom one.

Have seen 3 stillen superchargers come through my dealer, all 3 where stock engines, 2 were a/t and one m/t. 2 guys had a uprev tune only and ran fine. one of them had a full Hks FCon aftermarket ecu. Hks man said he paid $14k for stillen kit and ecu and install.

Have seen only one GTM sc, as far as i knew only their stage 1 kit is a safe stock bolton but he had the 1.5 stage kit (500 instead of 450hp?) and this one is a stock ecu reflash unsure of which tool used possibly uprev or i know GTM can reflash your ecu if you send it or maybe supply something. Only other mod is methanol injection for colder intake temps. This beast is hard driven too seen it flying around the southside and gets tracked often.

Have seen a stock block 350z hr with a single top mount also.

Hope that gives you some idea until an owner can shed some light for you

Posted · Report post

PM Kammo - he has a S/C on his 350Z

Posted · Report post

If you have some questions I have a stillen supercharged 370Z. Great kit I'm not running an aggressive tune 400hp rw on a dyno dynamics dyno.

If your in Syd give Jim or Andrej a call at Croydon Racing Developments they installed and tuned mine.

They are presently also installing a GTM twin turbo. The work they do is meticulous

post-11566-0-07394600-1393487773_thumb.j

post-11566-0-93381200-1393487838_thumb.j

Posted · Report post

By the way if you want more than 450 rwhp go for the Gtm kit not sure if it fits Rhd. The stillen kit won't give you much more than 450 rwhp without mods ,there is a guy inSwitzerland that's getting 500rwhp. I run mine at 400rwhp it's a blast as a daily drive. One other thing be prepared to. replace your clutch I've ordered Southbend stage 3 quiet disk with 19 lb steel flywheel and you will need a heavy duty csc from zspeed. Around 2.5k plus plus install around $600

Posted · Report post

Vlad did you buy the supercharger kit? or did the car already had it when you bought it? How much in total did the kit+install cost you?

Posted · Report post

Mine was a used kit .When I received it half the parts where missing or damaged.Stillen where helpful with the parts I needed , sent vortech blower to capa in Adelaide for refurb , purchased 850cc injectors from a member , aeromotive 340l fuel pump from cj motorsports. Croydon Racing Developments did install and uprev tune.

A new kit from stillen is US$6.4k RHD + frieght+gst+duty + exchange rate.around 9k

For install about 15 hrs labour + dyno tune 1.6k - or you can use the supplied uprev stillen tune which I would not recommended if you want some decent hp numbers. Also allow 1k contingency.

Also you will need

Good cat back exhaust 2k

Oil Cooler 1k

Gtr spark plugs

+ recommended

Up grade suspension 1.5k upwards

Up grade brakes 5k upwards

Up grade clutch and flywheel 2.5k upwards

Costs are as a guide only

Posted · Report post

My 350z is supercharged and makes 245rwkw and cost a lot to do however everytime you hop in it, it always puts a smile on your face and you will never went to drive a stock one ever again.

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys

Posted · Report post

anyone know a good tuner in sydney and what is the best reflash to use

Posted · Report post

Jim at Croydon Racing Developments Uprev tune

Posted · Report post

anyone know a good tuner in sydney and what is the best reflash to use
Our sponsor Tunehouse are top notch and work on Z's on a regular basis. Also an authorised Stillen dealer if you are also looking to supercharge your Z as well as ECU-TEK tune. Hit them up they got all sorts of deals happening! :)

Posted · Report post

Vlad147

r u in syd?

Would love to see n hear ur car if u are.

Posted · Report post

Hi MS55Z

Yes I am in Syd pm me your mob

If I could work out how to upload a vid I would post some clips

Posted · Report post

Hey Vlad147, I'm thinking about getting a 2nd hand Stillen SC, what parts were missing from your kit and what things should I look out for when checking the SC kit? If u don't mind me asking, how much did the missing/broken parts cost u on top? Thanks in advance ;)

Posted · Report post

Hey Z34

Sent you a pm give me a call if you want
; there is a SC for sale in US second hand the370.com in parts for sale

I had a lot of parts missing or damaged.

Have 600cc injectors and  walbro fuel pump if they are missing as I upgraded plus a few other items

Posted · Report post

400hp on the rear wheels sounds safe as the motor is not designed for FI. You may still have a safety factor left over? who knows.

Posted · Report post

Here is my dyno chart, done on a dyno dynamics.

I am happy with the numbers I was more interested in torque than HP and not pushing the numbers at the expense of an engine rebuild.

Upgraded to 9lb pulley - 9lb boost (kit comes with 8lb pulley)/ upgrade to 850cc injectors(kit comes with 600cc) and 340l fuel pump (kit comes with 240l). Next week a larger heat exchanger and braided lines to the water to air Intercooler will be fitted as the stillen heat exchanger is rather small and the rubber water hoses pickup a lot of radiant heat in the engine bay. Hopefully this will bring the inlet air temps down. Also my clutch is slipping so a Southbend stage 3 with quiet disk option and a 19lb steel flywheel with Zspeed heavy duty CSC  is being installed at the same time. From what Ive researched this clutch and flywheel makes minimal chatter noise , hope this is the outcome as I don't want the car at idle to sound like a diesel truck. If you need to know anything about clutches for the Z Joe at Z-Speed is the guy to talk to.

post-11566-0-80013300-1396010494_thumb.p

Posted · Report post

Vlad147 where are you located as your car is insane and wouldn't mind catching up for a chat. I have a 350z supercharged with 245rwkw and wouldn't mind comparing both cars.

Posted · Report post

Hey Mikey

I'm in Sydney, if your ever up this way let me know, love to have a look at your ride.

Posted · Report post

Had the larger heat exchanger installed , put it on the dyno for a retune , few more hp , biggest difference more torque earlier. Changed the clutch to a south bend stage 3 daily (quiet disk option) with 19lb steel flywheel , great clutch holds the torque without slipping , a bit heavier pedal than stock , about as quiet as the OEM, none of the OEM shudder.

Also installed some defi gauges ,TWM short shifter and JBT brakes and rotors.

post-11566-0-72012500-1398928737_thumb.j

post-11566-0-66078900-1398929405_thumb.j

post-11566-0-34280700-1398929441_thumb.j

post-11566-0-90993400-1398929493_thumb.j

post-11566-0-30548600-1398929653_thumb.j

post-11566-0-30531300-1398929987_thumb.j

post-11566-0-79541500-1398930402_thumb.j