Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

370z A/C control knob

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Does anyone having problems with the A/C knob and temperature control knob?

I'm having trouble to turn the A/C up or down and the volume control as well.

Posted · Report post

Bito,

I have no issues, but I did test drive a 2009 with a volume knob that didn't work properly.

Oatesy.

Posted · Report post

All 4 of those dials flog out after a while. Like you try turning the fan up by one and jumps 3 places or self operates.

Only fix is to replace the panel. Is a separate part to the rest of the facia/screen but is $1050 retail from memory last time someone ordered one.

Wreckers and as far from 2009 build as possible

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys

Posted · Report post

guys just a heads up - there is a quick fix (5 minutes) to this problem, which occurs when the electrical contacts of the dials get dirty (at least in my case). I got the idea from this forum (http://www.the370z.com/exterior-interior/90668-volume-fan-temp-tone-bal-knobs-dials-issue.html)

i bought this item electrical contact cleaner spray from Jaycar (http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=NA1012). 

Pull the knob off the dash panel and spray the cleaner on the metallic clip on the knob and then on the actual rod the knob sits on (spray is safe on electrical components. It helps clean and remove oxidation. This spray is designed to evaporate very quickly. So after a few seconds, replace the knob (be gentle!) and test. 

I did a couple of the knobs twice to get them working perfectly again. Lets see how long this fix lasts, but I'm pretty hopeful.

Hope this helps!!

Posted · Report post

That's awesome, can't wait to try this!! Thanks cyrus_b :)

Posted · Report post

Is definitely needed  -  I have extended warranty and Nissan just replaced the panel to cure a/c temp jumping to 32DegC with single click up ...

Posted · Report post

most of my knobs have this issue, the worst is volume, will give the surface cleaner a try. thanks!

Posted · Report post

let us know if this worked for you too guys? 

Posted · Report post

Sry to revive such an old topic. Just want to say that I bought the exact product mentioned by cyrus_b from Jaycar and it has fixed my issue. All 4 of my knobs were jumpy. It was impossible to adjust the temp or fan to the level I wanted. I just pulled the knob off, gave it a spray as well as inside the panel and now it's as good as new!! Thanks for the tip. 09 model btw. 

Posted · Report post

Sry...a quick stupid question.... how to remove the knobs....just pull the knob directly and then push them back once done with the spray? Thank you guys ~

Posted · Report post

guys just a heads up - there is a quick fix (5 minutes) to this problem, which occurs when the electrical contacts of the dials get dirty (at least in my case). I got the idea from this forum (http://www.the370z.com/exterior-interior/90668-volume-fan-temp-tone-bal-knobs-dials-issue.html)

i bought this item electrical contact cleaner spray from Jaycar (http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=NA1012). 

Pull the knob off the dash panel and spray the cleaner on the metallic clip on the knob and then on the actual rod the knob sits on (spray is safe on electrical components. It helps clean and remove oxidation. This spray is designed to evaporate very quickly. So after a few seconds, replace the knob (be gentle!) and test. 

I did a couple of the knobs twice to get them working perfectly again. Lets see how long this fix lasts, but I'm pretty hopeful.

Hope this helps!!

Hello gentlemen, can you share how long does this fix works? I have this problem with my Z and I am going to do what you done! Hope this can help. Thank you so much for sharing!

Posted · Report post

Hello gentlemen, can you share how long does this fix works? I have this problem with my Z and I am going to do what you done! Hope this can help. Thank you so much for sharing!

Did mine shortly after I bought my car, had the car a year and a few months now, no issues. Previously I had issues with volume but I did all of them because why not.