Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2007 track wheel and tyre q

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

did you let the dude from ROTA know? he was pretty pissed when i told him about the state of the boxes and the damaged rim, said he has been having trouble with the couriers a fair bit lately.

Posted · Report post

Yep - the Rota guy had to get his star track customer service rep to sort out my problem

That person knew what she was doing as sorted it out within an hour

Everybody else in star track was useless

So I can see why Rota are not impressed

Posted · Report post

awkward moment when I have had spacers since i purchased the car without knowing :/ at least this means the +28 will still have an aggresive look, I will post post pics of how the stock tyres look. I'm a bit shitty that they still gave me a roadworthy when i bought the car tbh, my mech told me to call up the dealership and tell them i got defected for not being roadworthy and the car is still in the same state as it was since i bought it. Over a year though, probably will try to accuse me of putting them on

Posted · Report post

Update - i STILL HAVENT received my replacement wheel from ROTA, not happy at all, when i asked for a tracking number they gave me the original one. If I haven't received it by Wednesday I think I will be contacting the accc, get them to kick rota up the butt! Their communication over the last week and a half has been dismal to say the least. Its annoying because the initial blunder wasn't their fault(it was the couriers). 

Posted · Report post

Frustrating when these situations unfold

I've got two parts that have been on order for 3 months

Cancelled one and got my money back

The other vendor won't respond to me

PITA

Posted · Report post

What is giving me the shits the most is the fact that The other 3 wheels are sitting in my garage with tyres on already just waiting for this other one! gives me the shits because until it comes i dont really want to take my car out for a spin, cause the 2 front tyres are way unroadworthy and I cant really afford a pointless fine.

Posted · Report post

Put two new wheels/tyres on the front - back in business

Posted · Report post

back in business, but would just be targeted by cops around here, having "stock"rims on the back and all(yep the cops around here are that stupid)

Posted · Report post

Man - that sucks

Spray the rear wheels with black plastic dip (can remove it later)?

Posted · Report post

thats an idea, im starting to get pretty pissed with this whole situation. 

Posted · Report post

finally got my new wheel in the mail yesterday

Posted · Report post

I went with federal 595 r-sr And I have been pleasantly surprised, on road it's very nice in track they are top notch when they get warm, I would never buy another tyre moving forward

post-4006-13843128001634_thumb.jpg

post-4006-13843128312147_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Nice!, the hero have EXACTLY the same tread pattern, ill post pics of the wheels on the car soon, should get it back tomorrow. in other news, i still have the damaged rim, no one has ever come and picked it up and rota dont seem to want to know about it

Posted · Report post