Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Clutch slave cylinder (CSC) failure

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I had an awesome Easter long weekend, the Z ended up on the back of a trailer.

photoux.jpg

Unfortunately, all manual  370Z owners will have their CSC fail, its just a matter of when it will fail. I am quite fortunate, as I am only 3 months from my 3 year factory warranty expiring. Nissan is aware of the problem but have not issued a recall. If you are out of warranty, this will be an expensive exercise as it requires removal of the transmission to get access to the CSC in the housing.

The folks over at the370z forum have had members experience this within the first 1,000km - 50,000km, it affects all series. My car is shy of 70,000km, so it was always in the back of my mind. When the CSC fails, the clutch pedal looses pressure and gets stuck after you depress it, you need to use your foot to pull it back up.

I was lucky as it completely failed just after I turned off into a quiet street of the City West Link Rd. I was telling my wife to get ready to steer the car, as I was going to need to push lol.

Car is sitting at Nissan, I will hopefully have it back by the end of the week if everything goes smoothly according to the service manager. The service manager is aware of the problem, he told me he has had numerous 370Z's in for the same reason.

Posted · Report post

Yea its been re designed 4-5 times. They cant get it right for some reason.

Posted · Report post

arrghh!! what a horrible Easter! :(

Keep us updated

Posted · Report post

http://learning.nissan.com.au/DOTS/media/libTopics/34/Z34-TrainingManual.pdf

Page 13 might explain why..... not sure if it's the same unit used for all models. Haven't looked that far into part numbers etc but it's made by Valeo.

Does it exhibit any symptoms before it gives up or will it happen all of a sudden?

Posted · Report post

Received my car back this afternoon,. The gearbox was removed, CSC replaced, gearbox refitted and clutch system flushed. All covered under warranty  :thumbsup: .

Service manager said that this would of cost between $600-$700 if it was not covered under warranty.

Posted · Report post

Happened to my brothers Roadster @ 4000km. He said it happened very quickly, from fine to dead in about 2-3 km, and had to manually lift it up as you described. Made it to the dealerships driveway before it stopped, some asshat was blocking it so couldnt get in lol.

Mine is going OK at 13500km, although its definitely not normal and will go eventually.

Posted · Report post

Great that it was covered under warranty

Phew!!

Posted · Report post

23555km on a 2011 build coupe & clutch still feels strong. If it goes, it better happen before my warranty goes!

Posted · Report post

You were very lucky to get your car back so quick. My clutch went to the floor as well, but they didnt replace the CSC, they replaced...get this...the whole clutch assembly. Nissan were stumped as to what my problem was. I was fairly sure it was a defective CSC.

3-4 weeks later having taking it in, waiting for parts, warranty work, finally got my car back the other day.

P.S: My km were roughly 8000km

Posted · Report post

The clutch assembly will get replaced if the CSC leak contaminated components in the assembly.

I would of been happy if they replaced my whole clutch assembly as I am about to tick over 70,000km.

Posted · Report post

I see some creative ideas spawning here ;)

Posted · Report post

any after market CSC part you can get for this?

Posted · Report post

Klaydo - I would also recommend that , I've had mine close to a year now and and its still going well at the present. And if you can afford it , change that crap OEM clutch and grab yourself a lighten flywheel while your at it pending on your driving style if your up for some fun