Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wilwood 350Z HR Clutch Master Cylinder Upgrade - Z33 HR 07-08

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Today I tried to install the Wilwood Clutch Master Cylinder as my oem cluych master cylinder appears to be leaking and also having drop pedal issues upon start up. However I quickly realised that the braided clutch line that comes with the cylinder is too short as our master cylinders are on the right hand side instead of left hand in which the cable length was designed for. Is there any way of extending the cable and how much of the existing clutch line am I supposed to replace with the braided line. Has anyone attempted this install ?

Posted · Report post

Today I tried to install the Wilwood Clutch Master Cylinder as my oem cluych master cylinder appears to be leaking and also having drop pedal issues upon start up. However I quickly realised that the braided clutch line that comes with the cylinder is too short as our master cylinders are on the right hand side instead of left hand in which the cable length was designed for. Is there any way of extending the cable and how much of the existing clutch line am I supposed to replace with the braided line. Has anyone attempted this install ?

Sorry you are having issues, We sent one to a customer in a RHD car and was told it reached fine. How are you routing the line to the frame rail?

We are currently working with a member here to redisign it so it will work better in the RHD cars.

Posted · Report post

I recently installed the Wilwood clutch master and Z-Speed HD CSC into my car and I can confirm that the braided line that comes with the kit will not fit a RHD car...the master bolts up fine but the line isn't long enough to reach the slave.

There are a couple different options - follow the OEM hardline or re-route the clutch line.  What the guys did on my car was get a custom line made up that follows the path of the OEM hardline.

With the LHD cars, the line isn't long as all that it does is start from where the battery is on the RHD cars, run behind the left front wheel and then run straight to the gearbox (and that is no more than about 1.5 meters)...on the RHD cars the hard-line actually runs from the opposite side and it runs behind the motor, past the battery and then follows the same path as the LHD cars - when the new master went into my car my mechanic told me that the line was over 2.5 meters long from master to slave.

The easier option is to drill a small hole to the right of the VIN plate (top left of this image - http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/_-013_1000x750.jpg) and then run the line straight down to the gearbox (just make sure that you insulate the line as what happens with our cars is that the OEM hard-line snakes underneath all that black plastic at the top of that image.

If you do get a custom line made up, just make sure that they use -4 and not -3 line.

Posted · Report post

Never done a clutch job before. Can someone explain why you can't use the OEM hardline when installing an HD CSC and MSC?

Posted · Report post

At a guess, it wouldn't be pressure related it being a hardline. I would think the hardline won't line up correctly and they dont have much margin to bend?