Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help Varrstoen 2.2.2 setups

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Looking at new wheels for the 04 350 as need tires anyway. Want TE37 knock offs. Was thinking Varrstoen 2.2.2

front 19x9.5 +22 5xPCD 114.3

rear 19x10.5 +22

Any good? Aggressive? Anyone else with this setup?

Which tires? current tires are

245/35Z/R19 93Y front

275/35Z/R19 96Y rear

I'm desperate for some help lol have no idea. help! pleeeease.

Posted · Report post

tyres are about right, but you can fit wider tyres on there pretty easy with that setup. Probably up to 275 front 305 rear if you roll guards.

As for offsets, they will work well on a lowered 350z with stock camber. If your car is very low then you probably want +12. Also +22 won't clear brembos, so you'll need +12 on the fronts if you have a track spec.

Posted · Report post

Doing more research 2.2.1 looks good option - prefer look of 18's.

18x 9.5 front, 18x10.5 rear.

Need to work out offsets and tire sizes.

Anyone?

Posted · Report post

Cheers hobbsy, yeah that's the stuff I'm not overly clear about. Would 18's bring the same?.I guess so at same width?

Posted · Report post

yeah they'd pretty much sit the same.

whats your suspension setup and brakes?

Posted · Report post

Sorry, have learnt heaps today (or this afternoon I should say).

Got a stock track with brembo's. Currently running 19" Gmax wheels, tyres are :

Front 245/35Z/R19

Rears 275/35Z/R19

Basically, the tired on the car now need the fronts replacing and since I'm really not a fan of the wheels looking at replacing the rims at the same time. Looks like if I brought Varrstoen 19x9.5 front and 19x10.5 rear will fit on these tires mentioned above.... if that's the case basically its a good thing cos means I can buy a new set of front tires to put upfront and then when I get my new rims change tires to the new rims.

Was rushing at work when I posted today, so hopefully that's more descriptive. Just want to make sure offset is good so car looks the goods. Wont be lowering the car at all at any time, not really my style, but obviously want the offset to look right and not rub.

So back to the previous posts, looking now at the 2.2.2 with 19x9.5-10.5 just not sure about offset, these should fit the tires I mentioned above yes? :innocent:

Posted · Report post

Remember that the +22's in varr 2.2.2 dont clear brembo brakes on track models (what varrstoen tell us) . The +22's in the volk te37's apparently will. The varrstoen's in any offset are the same dish/lip size, but just have an extended 'wheel mount hub' (sorry im not sure what its exactly called), to give you the different offsets.

Ive just recieved my +22 varrs 2.2.2. Hopfully getting them mounted tomorrow. Will post pics up so you can see how they sit.. Ive just put then eibach pro kit springs in which gives me about an 1" drop all around. My car is also an 04 touring model, so clearing the brembo brakes was not an issue. Wheels im getting put on is the 245/35 & 275/35

In my option, unless your car is slammed or nicely lowered, the +12 / +0 offset kinda sticks out too much, but the +12's certainly look sweet when your car sits on them nicely =)

Hope that helps.

Posted · Report post

Look forward to the pics. Nice work! Good choice too. ;)

Varrstoen just responded to my query, claim "If you have brembo brakes you will need to go to the +12 offset ...... " in the 2.2.2 (TE37's).

Hmmm, they should know. Will be more aggressive. Hope there is no rubbing or need to roll.... thoughts?

Posted · Report post

From what i read, the +12 may need a roll. But as your keeping it stock height? you may be right to leave it. Guess its a trial and error :P

i'll let you know how the clearance is on the +22 with a 1" drop and get you some good close pictures , probably do it tomorrow.

Posted · Report post

Varrstoen think it will be fine...

"Fenders should be ok unless car is very low ,   Car just needs lowering to ensure wheels tip into the guards at the top"

Posted · Report post

If you have brembos you need +12 on the front, you can fit +22 on the rear but its probably best to go +12 all around and keep the track the same all around as per factory specs.

I had varrstoens in 19x9.5+12 19x10.5+12 on my 350. Stock height, same tyres as above (245 and 275). Fronts were already rolled when I fitted them so they were fine, rears needed a roll but didn't scrub too badly, just big bumps and hard corners etc.

Fit fairly flush at stock height but stick out a little bit, fit perfect with a 1" drop.

Posted · Report post

Will consider some springs, and get my mate to roll fenders, add spacer if need be

Cheers for help peoples :shiftyninja:

Posted · Report post

Just got car back, gave it a quick wash, and took some iphone photos for you, so there not fantastic, doing a shoot tomorrow so hopefully get some good ones out of that.

there 19" 2.2.2 +22 offset, wrapped in 245/35/19 & 275/35/19 with eibach pro kit springs.

So your +12's will stick out abit more then this just for reference.

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2313_copy.jpg

Still deciding wether to keep them matt black or paint silver!

Posted · Report post

Looks fantastic mate! Same tyre size, love it!!!! :thumbsup:

Going to work out my tyres and wheels over the next week or two.... can't wait to get my car first, then my rims.

Which brand tyres did you buy?

Posted · Report post

only nexen 7000's.. there not overally expensive. Im abit worried and unsure about tyre feathering due to my possible increased camber with the mild drop. Im yet to put in aftermarket camber arms in. Some say its fine, some say tyres will wear more. I'll see how i go and when its all ok i'll be upgrading to something abit better.

I only use mine as a daily driver , not track or anything so they should be fine.

Alignment tomorrow so we'll see how it is =)

Posted · Report post

You'd be pretty chuffed yeah?

Posted · Report post

indeed :)

Posted · Report post

What range are the eibach pro kit springs?

I was thinking some king springs in ultra low (started a topic in suspension), how much were yours?

Posted · Report post

about a 1" drop all around. I bought mine off a zclub member a month or so ago.. for $200

They ride nice, basically like stock, but now i have the 19"s on it, you feel the bumps just a tad more

Posted · Report post

Hey mate,

I have the eibach pro kit also I'm currently Running 20"'s looking to downgrade how do you rate the handling of the 19's?

Posted · Report post

Great, although ive only been running the setup for a few days.. Feels basically like stock suspension (maybe feels a 'tad' squishier). Feel a few more smaller bumps, probably due to the 17" to 19" upgrade.

Gonna do a little build write up shortly.. here's a couple of pix I took tonight

350z_fb_1.jpg

350z_fb_2.jpg

Would like to go lower, but yeah, Aussie cops dont like that :P.. Also going to wire brush my callipers this weekend to get rid of the rust marks and bring out some silver.

Posted · Report post

WOW! That fitting looks perfect!! (without attracting the law enforcers)

Posted · Report post

only nexen 7000's.. there not overally expensive. Im abit worried and unsure about tyre feathering due to my possible increased camber with the mild drop. Im yet to put in aftermarket camber arms in. Some say its fine, some say tyres will wear more. I'll see how i go and when its all ok i'll be upgrading to something abit better.

I only use mine as a daily driver , not track or anything so they should be fine.

Alignment tomorrow so we'll see how it is =)

I'm considering Nexen N6000's... anyone used these?

245/35/19 Fronts

275/35/19 Rear

Posted · Report post

I run 7000 rears, and 6000 fronts in the nexen's.. i think its because they dont make the 7000's in 245/35/19..

or it could be the other way around, i'll check tomorrow for you fiddy :P