Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What did you do with your Z today?

447 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I took my Z for her 30,000km service and then had a great drive into work and an unbelievable traffic free cruise home. Relaxed, happy and thoroughly enjoying the sunshine without the heat today. If only every work day had traffic like this!

Got home and smelt a weird sweet fleshy smell emanating from the car. After sniffing around a bit I came to realise that the smell was strongest at the left front and then rear wheels of the car. Shining a torch in the front wheel well, I was unable to find what I thought was going to be a dead cat with severe chinese burns. I did however notice a smudge of wet 'slimey' dark substance along the upper circumference of the wheel well...ewwww. I reversed out of the garage and proceeded to pressure hose the shite out of my wheel wells. After some severe washing, I was able to remove most of the icky smell.

As I was wiping the car down, I noticed what I thought was bug splatter near the washer jet flap on the front of my car. I tried to wipe it off and SHOCK HORROR found it to be a mini-wolverine set of 'claw-like' deep scratches! :( It was so deep in places that I could see the black underneath :(

Even though I am putting a new kit on my car in a few weeks, I was still down about the damage. I am constantly amazed about the damage people 'accidentally' do to my car and of how they never leave a note of apology (at the least).

Well I'll try to fill it in with my proven bottle of color chip tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Posted · Report post

Could it be from the service department?

Posted · Report post

Picked up my 2011 370Z form the dealership today :) .. Went and filled the tank (it only had 27km left to empty wtf??).. went home.. started pressing all the buttons on the stereo (who needs instructions lol).. Drove it around all afternoon (sooo different to a 5 door hatch haha).. then into work so I could practice parking in my rather tight basement car space.

Posted · Report post

Could it be from the service department?

Nah.. I would've noticed it earlier in the morning..

Posted · Report post

Picked up my 2011 370Z form the dealership today :) .. Went and filled the tank (it only had 27km left to empty wtf??).. went home.. started pressing all the buttons on the stereo (who needs instructions lol).. Drove it around all afternoon (sooo different to a 5 door hatch haha).. then into work so I could practice parking in my rather tight basement car space.

Congrats Pat!

Posted · Report post

Looked at the car

Looked at the sky

Looked at the car

Looked at the sky

Looked at the car

Looked at the sky

Decided not to wash it today as it looked like rain.

lol

Posted · Report post

I was stuck in traffic for an hour

Posted · Report post

Redlined it in the first 4 gears.

Posted · Report post

Redlined it in the first 4 gears.

+1 hahaha

Picked up my 2011 370Z form the dealership today :) .. Went and filled the tank (it only had 27km left to empty wtf??)..

Congrats on the purchase.

Don't be surprised about the fuel. Years ago I used to work in a very famous/infamous holden dealership in Western Sydney for the fleet department, so I handled and delivered hundreds of cars. Many car yards will have their own fuel bowser and so thus we only filled the cars up as much as they needed and each top up was recorded and logged and billed to the department. Unless it's part of the salesperson/dealerships deal, you will rarely get much fuel in the tank.

Everyones trying to make money.

Posted · Report post

REEP3R is booked in for her regular service before the cruise :) swoot! OH and she'll be getting detailed aswell :)

Posted · Report post

I was stuck in traffic for an hour

Adelaide? :wtf: you are kidding... I lived in Adelaide for 5 years and never had a single problem with traffic over there, I always joked if you see traffic pilling up in Adelaide it must be end of the world and everyone is running for their life.

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

Adelaide? :wtf: you are kidding... I lived in Adelaide for 5 years and never had a single problem with traffic over there, I always joked if you see traffic pilling up in Adelaide it must be end of the world and everyone is running for their life.

Yeah, there were road repairs on main north road and a car crash on port wakefield road (both main roads) and not to mention it was rush hour !

Posted · Report post

drove past the petrol station thinking...

should i?

shouldn't i?

aw well

too late ....

Posted · Report post

Yeah, there were road repairs on main north road and a car crash on port wakefield road (both main roads) and not to mention it was rush hour !

Co-worker said there was a 6 car pile up over there this morning...

I always have a good joke about rush hour traffic (or lack thereof) when I have to go over there for work.

I also got stuck in traffic for an hour this morning... left home at 7:10 instead of 7am. 10 minutes = 30 minutes of additional travel time but no way I'm going back to the train.

Posted · Report post

+1 hahaha

Congrats on the purchase.

Don't be surprised about the fuel. Years ago I used to work in a very famous/infamous holden dealership in Western Sydney for the fleet department, so I handled and delivered hundreds of cars. Many car yards will have their own fuel bowser and so thus we only filled the cars up as much as they needed and each top up was recorded and logged and billed to the department. Unless it's part of the salesperson/dealerships deal, you will rarely get much fuel in the tank.

Everyones trying to make money.

Considering I live 25kms from the dealership I thought it was a bit tight on their part.. I literally drove out of the dealership and into a service station lol. Overall experience was very good though so I'm not too fussed.

I have a Zed in my garage :thumbsup:

Posted · Report post

Meh, salesmen sell cars, not fuel.

Posted · Report post

Meh, salesmen sell cars, not fuel.

It's a courtesy thing.. you don't expect to get in the car and see the low fuel light on.

When a mate of mine picked up his beemer it had a full tank.. just saying.

Posted · Report post

It's a courtesy thing.. you don't expect to get in the car and see the low fuel light on.

When a mate of mine picked up his beemer it had a full tank.. just saying.

Yeah but, DO YOU KNOW THE PROFIT MARGIN AND BASE MARGINS ON A BEE EMM DOUBLE UWE?

Huge compared to what Toyota/NissanAus/Holden have. The Australian branch of the company describes the min and max you can sell the car for, not the actual dealership. Salespeople dont make good profit (and thus comission) off cheap cars. That's why they try to option it up, especially with their aftermarket crap.

$90,000 with medium extras you can make 4k off. $60,000 car with no extras, you make about 3 if you're good!

Posted · Report post

Looking at the dirty bitch and ive decided i like her that way..

Posted · Report post

I know who I am not parking next to during the photoshoot :P

Posted · Report post

There's no lie to your signature. Stop saying things that excite me.

Posted · Report post

Dirty is better, means it always goes harder & faster...and not just cars, gigidy! :)

Posted · Report post

Picked this up for my girl Ana

post-252-0-36797600-1328683787_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Picked this up for my girl Ana

Best person! :D *boobie5!