Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

350z Owners, What your tyre setup?

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Would like to know what 350z owners are currently running as your tyre setup,

Been to numinous tyre shops they all recommend slightly different sizes n profile so thought i'd start this off (thanks to Ugame for the thread idea :P).

Rims : 19x9.5 Front 19x10.5 Rear

Front: 245/30/19 seems to be pretty common

Rear: unsure, Im tossing up between 275 or 285, 30 or 35, 19.

Would love to know what other members are running!!

Cheers,

Aman K

Posted · Report post

Would like to know what 350z owners are currently running as your tyre setup,

Been to numinous tyre shops they all recommend slightly different sizes n profile so thought i'd start this off (thanks to Ugame for the thread idea :P).

Rims : 19x9.5 Front 19x10.5 Rear

Front: 245/30/19 seems to be pretty common

Rear: unsure, Im tossing up between 275 or 285, 30 or 35, 19.

Would love to know what other members are running!!

Cheers,

Aman K

F: 19 245/35

R: 19 275/35

Best to keep profiles the same front and rear as it can make the VDC run funny, or even send the car into limp mode.

Posted · Report post

Kanez your running the above setup without any mods correct? (no guards rolled etc)

Posted · Report post

So long as rear Tyre circumfrance is larger than the front, VDC is happy.

As said when this was a status, remember that profile is a % of width not a set measurement. So 285/30 is a larger sidewall than 245/30 anyway.

Make the difference between front and rear too grate and you'll affect handling as the car will be too raked.

Also going too fat on the front will make steering too heavy.

245 front is a good Max IMHO.

Posted · Report post

F: 8.5" +25 245/35/19

R: 9.5" +30 275/35/19

Stock suspension and guards.

Posted · Report post

Ugame, what set up are you running?

Posted · Report post

so far most common is 245/35 front, 275/35 rear. Would like to know if this can be done without any additional mods to the car?

Posted · Report post

Not 350Z but 370Z and I am running 245/40R18 on 8" front and 275/35R18 on 9" without problem. I have a set of 8.5" (+33) fronts and 9.5" (+22) rears to fit this weekend which will provide a little more agressive stance and wider front track (with obvious benefit to turn in).

Posted · Report post

Rims: 19x9.5 Front, 19x10 Rear

Tyres: 235/30 Front, 265/35 Rear

Stock susp didnt need to roll guards no problems.

Posted · Report post

so far most common is 245/35 front, 275/35 rear. Would like to know if this can be done without any additional mods to the car?

Per my post - yes. Then you need to consider the width of the rims your putting the tyres on. Differences in width of the rims will affect the overall diameter of the wheel/tyre combo. Run a 245/35/19 tyre on a 8.5" rim and on a 9.5" rim and the sidewall will be smaller on the 9.5" because it's stretched across another 1".

As mentioned by ugame you need to adjust the tyre profile you use with your rims to match the overall diameter of the stock rims.

The overall diameters of stock rims and tyres are roughly:

Front: 660mm

Rear: 670mm

The correct profile for a 9.5" rear rim is actually 265/35/19 (669mm). However Nismo released their spec of rims with a 275/35/19 (675mm) recommendation as it's a much more common profile particularly when matched to a 245/35/19 front tyre.

Posted · Report post

Rims : 19 x 8.5 +14 front, 19 x 10.5 +24 rear

Tyres : 245/35/19 front, 285/30/19 rear

Posted · Report post

Thanks @ Aust350z !

@ Kammo, any additional mods to fit that setup?

Posted · Report post

Ugame, what set up are you running?

Even though I replaced my potenza's with Sumitomos ZIII's, I kept the stock sizes as I had stock rims at the time.

I then transfered the Sumitomos onto my new wheels even though they are now 8.5" and 9.5"

When the time comes, I'll probably go 275 rears. I'm assuming my rears will wear out first (cant think why LOL) in which case I'll see how 275 rear with 225 front looks and feels.

I do NOT want to make steering too heavy. I dont suffer understeer with the stock size of 225 so I may be tempted to not mess with it.

We'll see.

Posted · Report post

BTW, to help stay as close to stock circumference as possible, here's a good calculator.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I'll add a link to this as a sticky in this section.

Posted · Report post

Lol baby tyres.

Running 285/35ZR19s bro. Top range enkeis. $450 a corner for rubber is the only downside.

Posted · Report post

285 all round?

Lol

Bhahahahahaha

Posted · Report post

Yes.

And despite what I have read in this thread, my steering and handling is freaking amazing. No mods to the guards btw, and no camber change.

Check my mods

Posted · Report post

i would like to see some pics of this setup ^^^

Posted · Report post

Rims

F: 19x9.5 +22

R: 19x10.5 +12

Tyres

F: 245x40

R: 275x35

Posted · Report post

Some nice pics Miss Zed!

Posted · Report post

I'll see what I can do

Posted · Report post

@ Kammo, any additional mods to fit that setup?

Setup should fit a stock car with rear guards rolled. Currently rolled guards, coilovers and camber arms, but car is close(ish) to stock height with -3 degrees of camber all round. Setup is NOT "Hellaflush"

Posted · Report post

See attached.

Sorry for crappy iphone in low light.

post-1316-0-21793800-1323992347_thumb.jp

post-1316-0-65406700-1323992365_thumb.jp

post-1316-0-36135200-1323992373_thumb.jp

post-1316-0-11175300-1323992357_thumb.jp

Posted · Report post

@ Blownz: I love that stance, get hassled by the cops much? lol

@ thanks Kammo your pretty much running the setup i have in mind! no handling issues?

Posted · Report post

Stance?? I don't follow...

An yeah, all the time. They love me.

Check my mods, of course they do.