Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

2009 370z sat nav update

204 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

i got just a second hand 2009 370z and i was wondering if there are update to the sat nav maps?

Posted · Report post

Yup. Your dealer updates them or you.

Welcome to the forum btw!

Posted · Report post

how do you update them yourself?

Posted · Report post

i just got a price to update my maps to V17 which is the latest and it was $380 for the map disc!!

Posted · Report post

i just got a price to update my maps to V17 which is the latest and it was $380 for the map disc!!

I'm taking my car in on Wednesday for a mini service, so I'll get mine updated then. The service manager should be able to help you out for free if you get to know them. ;)

Has anyone tried to "make a backup" of their 2011 map disk for "archival purposes"? ;)

Worst case scenario, if my dealer doesn't sort it out for me I will try and borrow another members 2011 disk and make an archive of it.

FYI Good software is - Slysoft CloneCD 5.2 and Alcohol 120%

Posted · Report post

I want the new software though :( maps are meh... wouldn't mind the new maps either though lol

Posted · Report post

I'm taking my car in on Wednesday for a mini service, so I'll get mine updated then. The service manager should be able to help you out for free if you get to know them. ;)

Has anyone tried to "make a backup" of their 2011 map disk for "archival purposes"? ;)

Worst case scenario, if my dealer doesn't sort it out for me I will try and borrow another members 2011 disk and make an archive of it.

FYI Good software is - Slysoft CloneCD 5.2 and Alcohol 120%

if you can grab me a copy for freeeeee!!! that would be awesome

Posted · Report post

i just stuck a Garmin Nuvo 2640 to my windshield, that thing is awesome. I think I might replace the OEM sat nav with a box of lollies, much more usefull.

Posted · Report post

I want the new software though :( maps are meh... wouldn't mind the new maps either though lol

So I had a chat to the dealer today and he said he can no longer hand out free upgrades... :(

He did say however that the map CD holds the upgrade data for the unit, so all we need is a 2011 CD ( not mentioning any names or the name of the driver of a black 2011 convertible who wears a hat) and we can just copy it. ;)

Posted · Report post

So I had a chat to the dealer today and he said he can no longer hand out free upgrades... :(

He did say however that the map CD holds the upgrade data for the unit, so all we need is a 2011 CD ( not mentioning any names or the name of the driver of a black 2011 convertible who wears a hat) and we can just copy it. ;)

I will ask him nicely if he can make a backup of his 2011 DVD and voluteer to store it offsite for him just in case....

Posted · Report post

that would be awesome hahaha and if i get a copy ill make mass copies and distibute it to the forum members for free!!! hehe

Posted · Report post

that would be awesome hahaha and if i get a copy ill make mass copies and distibute it to the forum members for free!!! hehe

We do not promote piracy of Nissan Map discs...

Posted · Report post

... And the 2011 doesn't run by disc. It's hard drive :(

Posted · Report post

we should just donate to a paypal account and then buy it and distrubute amoung the ones that paid.

Posted · Report post

But would still need the DVD to install to the HD.

Posted · Report post

Hey Darren it made me laugh reading what every one had to say ,yes I would had made a cope but sorry no there is no disk but gee you guys are funny ,hey Ronnie how you doing :)

Posted · Report post

LOL damn... sorry ronnie... lol so the only way is to yank out the old system and replace it with the new system which should cost round $2-3k mark?

Posted · Report post

Epic fail...oh well. How does Nissan update the maps in the 2011 models then? Hmmm???

Posted · Report post

I'm going by dandy Nissan this arvo to find out

Posted · Report post

I'm going by dandy Nissan this arvo to find out

Tell em I'll move all my servicing from Blackburn to Dandy if they upgrade me? ;)

Posted · Report post

Just spoke to my contacts at Dandy and it's not good news :(

Have to buy the maps and they have 'heard' that it can't be burnt..

They are also pretty sure that the 2011 is software download to the unit via the system they use (I forgot the name.. Consult maybe?)

I'll check my 2010 map disc over the weekend.

Posted · Report post

Right-o, first post, just picked up a brand new 370Z 11MY..

Where can I upgrade my Sat Nav to the latest version???

Posted · Report post

If its a brand new 11MY shouldn't it already have the latest version??

Posted · Report post

Only a Nissan Dealership can do this..

Posted · Report post

I reckon they can still be burnt... no reason why they wouldn't be able to.. Heck If I managed to get my dads UK Rover 75 in Greece the latest maps I'm sure these would be easier.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

• Topics

• Carbon Fibre Ducktail
      By j-train · Posted
      Looks awesome, these always remind me of someone wearing a cap.  This is heaps cheaper than a US company was asking.  At 300ish its worth a shot.  Put up some photos of it once you've finished finessesing.  
    • Carbon Fibre Ducktail
      By Bry · Posted
      My attempt at fitting it would involve a hammer ,blue tack and no more nails  
    • Carbon Fibre Ducktail
      By paracin · Posted
      Spoiler is from Ebay, currently on special. It does look fantastic, and it's a real carbon fibre, not a vinyl wrap.. Regarding fine adjustments, there is a concern that small fibres may cause complications similar to those of asbestos so I'm getting a full face mask and disposable overalls. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CARBON-FIBER-CS-TYPE-N-STYLE-TRUNK-WING-REAR-SPOILER-FOR-NISSAN-370Z/262399870438  
    • Carbon Fibre Ducktail
      By Bry · Posted
      Looks a pretty damn close fit and so much better than the stock spoiler. Work wheels look great too, very tastefull mods. Got a link to where you ordered your  spoiler from?
    • Carbon Fibre Ducktail
      By paracin · Posted
      It's a no-name brand, but the quality of workmanship is pretty good. I don't see many classic hand-laid-carbon-fibre faults. It didn't come with any instructions, screws, tape or paper templates. I don't recommend fitting it yourself as it is really time consuming for a beginner (me). But I already started so... OK, trial fitting (screws only). Middle part fits well, the RHS needs minor adjustment (2-4mm) and the LHS needs probably at least several mm. The problem is that it needs to be ground exactly where one of the 4 main screws is. I'll try on the weekend.