Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sat Nav recommends ?

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys

Can any one recommend a Sat Nav to fit into the cubby hole in the dash above the Bose H/U? Whilst i'm picking ya brains, what's the best way to connect my iPod to the standard Bose H/U?

Thx guys for your help & advice. Keep up the good work. Ex site.

A " NEW " 350Z owner.

Swerv

Posted · Report post

Hi Swerv,

I would suggest a TomTom GO 1050.

It's 5", has a capactive touch screen (like iPhone) and also has a great mount that fits inside the cubbyhole hole + it's easy to dock / undock the GPS on the mount.

TomTom website shows it as $379 RRP, but I saw it advertised at the GoodGuys for $299.

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys

Can any one recommend a Sat Nav to fit into the cubby hole in the dash above the Bose H/U? Whilst i'm picking ya brains, what's the best way to connect my iPod to the standard Bose H/U?

Thx guys for your help & advice. Keep up the good work. Ex site.

A " NEW " 350Z owner.

Swerv

Posted · Report post

I have a Garmin 1490 and it fits perfectly.

I had a TomTom but it drove me nuts with its address finding system.

Tomtoms require a suburb before you can enter a street which is an absolute pain in the bum if the suburb that it thinks the street is in is not the suburb that the person who lives at the address thinks they are in which is VERY common in QLD with the ever changing boundaries and street name changes.

e.g. my previous house moved from street number 6 to 15 and then hopped a suburb which was rather clever as it was stuck on a concrete slab.

I recommend you try a few addresses before you buy. (and if you want a really cheap tomtom I have one here)

Posted · Report post

Hi Brendan

Thx for the info. It's much appreciated.

Swerv

Posted · Report post

I have a Garmin 1490 and it fits perfectly.

I had a TomTom but it drove me nuts with its address finding system.

Tomtoms require a suburb before you can enter a street which is an absolute pain in the bum if the suburb that it thinks the street is in is not the suburb that the person who lives at the address thinks they are in which is VERY common in QLD with the ever changing boundaries and street name changes.

e.g. my previous house moved from street number 6 to 15 and then hopped a suburb which was rather clever as it was stuck on a concrete slab.

I recommend you try a few addresses before you buy. (and if you want a really cheap tomtom I have one here)

Posted · Report post

I have an old Garmin and it fits in the cubby hole perfectly with the provided dash mounting kit.

In regard to connecting ipod capability for your standard bose h/u, you could try these guys:

http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/

Only people in Aus that I know of that provide Ipod capability for the 350z... I haven't tried their products, but I've been doing a similar research. If you go ahead with them let us know how it goes! Alternatively, there are some like products on Ebay from the states, however I've found that it can be worth your while to replace the standard head unit with an aftermarket one. The advantage of this means you get a lot more features (bluetooth, ipod, dvd, navigation even!) and a better sound.

Posted · Report post

I have an old Garmin and it fits in the cubby hole perfectly with the provided dash mounting kit.

In regard to connecting ipod capability for your standard bose h/u, you could try these guys:

http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/

Only people in Aus that I know of that provide Ipod capability for the 350z... I haven't tried their products, but I've been doing a similar research. If you go ahead with them let us know how it goes! Alternatively, there are some like products on Ebay from the states, however I've found that it can be worth your while to replace the standard head unit with an aftermarket one. The advantage of this means you get a lot more features (bluetooth, ipod, dvd, navigation even!) and a better sound.

Thx for all of the info AD. Very good of ya. I have looked at the website. Certainly worth a chat and suss it out. Their installer is up in Cairns but i could purchase the components and get it fitted locally.

I'm not really up with ICE etc. Hence the 'post'. What would be a good replacement H/U? I don't need a 'all singing all dancing' top of the range unit. Any suggestions?

Thx again AD and everybody else for all the advise.

Swerv

Posted · Report post

I'm sure any auto electrician would be able to install it for you. If you have a bit of confidence and patience, I couldn't imagine the install would be that difficult. I can direct you to a diy page for removing the bose h/u.

In terms of an aftermarket H/U, you can purchase a basic 'branded' H/U (like a pioneer or sony) from JB HIFI or the like for around $100 that will play cds, mp3s and also have an aux input for ipod/mp3 players. If you only after ipod capability, this is a cheap option. However, you will also need a fascia kit to fit the new H/U and a wiring harness that will save you cutting off the bose unit's plugs. They always pop up on ebay and vary in price. Never all that expensive. Here's a link to an ebay seller who is providing both items cheap:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-2003-2005-350z-Radio-Install-Dash-Kit-W-Harness-/330552703530?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf679fa2a#ht_2588wt_1202

All up you will be looking at approx $120-$150, but you have to factor in the installation costs on top of that. In conclusion, it actually turns out to be a similar cost to the cushie system... If you're happy with the Bose system which isn't bad to begin with and you don't have plans to upgrade the system, I would recommend the cushie system. Plus, you get bluetooth standard for hands free phone calls, which is a nice feature... Now you've got me second thinking about my system... lol

Posted · Report post

BTW if you quote 'cushie' as a coupon code, you get free shipping!

Posted · Report post

im in the process of fitting a samsung galaxy tablet.... just al ittle short on money for sua spec cables... after that ill fit it all

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Topics

• In-car entertainment systems
      By Francesco 1973 · Posted
      Hi all,im looking to install  under the seat slim Subwoofer to my 370z,any suggestions of size and brand? Tnx
    • Recently purchased a 370Z have some questions
      By andrewfranze9991 · Posted
      Hi guys recently purchased a 2010 370Z absolutely love the car, but run into a couple things I need answers for. 1. The car come with a quick release steering wheel and because the wheel is not factory the vdc, slip, abs and airbag light is on. Is there anyway I can sort this out I want vdc on when normal driving? 2. Because of the issue in the first question I attempted to swap the factory steering wheel over. ( was tuning the wheels a fair bit while the car was off ) anway when I turned the car back on the power steering made a grinding noise, and feels very heavy ever since, seems to get heavy after hard driving. And my last question is the clutch, I’m not sure if it how it is but seems very fragile, for example a couple clutch kicks in 2nd gear it will just slip instead of grabbing not sure if all the clutches are weak like that. But yeah if anyone can help me out on some of this questions would be appreciated cheers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Offset for Wheels to clear Brembos
      By 15NSFW · Posted
      Holy thread revival batman but it's not just about offset, it's about x-factor. 350Z's with Brembo brakes need wheels with a minimum 55mm brake x-factor to clear 
    • Buying a 370Z
      By badthing · Posted
      Welcome!
    • Hola
      By badthing · Posted
      Welcome mate!