Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan Z/G Community
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sat Nav recommends ?

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys

Can any one recommend a Sat Nav to fit into the cubby hole in the dash above the Bose H/U? Whilst i'm picking ya brains, what's the best way to connect my iPod to the standard Bose H/U?

Thx guys for your help & advice. Keep up the good work. Ex site.

A " NEW " 350Z owner.

Swerv

Posted · Report post

Hi Swerv,

I would suggest a TomTom GO 1050.

It's 5", has a capactive touch screen (like iPhone) and also has a great mount that fits inside the cubbyhole hole + it's easy to dock / undock the GPS on the mount.

TomTom website shows it as $379 RRP, but I saw it advertised at the GoodGuys for $299.

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys

Can any one recommend a Sat Nav to fit into the cubby hole in the dash above the Bose H/U? Whilst i'm picking ya brains, what's the best way to connect my iPod to the standard Bose H/U?

Thx guys for your help & advice. Keep up the good work. Ex site.

A " NEW " 350Z owner.

Swerv

Posted · Report post

I have a Garmin 1490 and it fits perfectly.

I had a TomTom but it drove me nuts with its address finding system.

Tomtoms require a suburb before you can enter a street which is an absolute pain in the bum if the suburb that it thinks the street is in is not the suburb that the person who lives at the address thinks they are in which is VERY common in QLD with the ever changing boundaries and street name changes.

e.g. my previous house moved from street number 6 to 15 and then hopped a suburb which was rather clever as it was stuck on a concrete slab.

I recommend you try a few addresses before you buy. (and if you want a really cheap tomtom I have one here)

Posted · Report post

Hi Brendan

Thx for the info. It's much appreciated.

Swerv

Posted · Report post

I have a Garmin 1490 and it fits perfectly.

I had a TomTom but it drove me nuts with its address finding system.

Tomtoms require a suburb before you can enter a street which is an absolute pain in the bum if the suburb that it thinks the street is in is not the suburb that the person who lives at the address thinks they are in which is VERY common in QLD with the ever changing boundaries and street name changes.

e.g. my previous house moved from street number 6 to 15 and then hopped a suburb which was rather clever as it was stuck on a concrete slab.

I recommend you try a few addresses before you buy. (and if you want a really cheap tomtom I have one here)

Posted · Report post

I have an old Garmin and it fits in the cubby hole perfectly with the provided dash mounting kit.

In regard to connecting ipod capability for your standard bose h/u, you could try these guys:

http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/

Only people in Aus that I know of that provide Ipod capability for the 350z... I haven't tried their products, but I've been doing a similar research. If you go ahead with them let us know how it goes! Alternatively, there are some like products on Ebay from the states, however I've found that it can be worth your while to replace the standard head unit with an aftermarket one. The advantage of this means you get a lot more features (bluetooth, ipod, dvd, navigation even!) and a better sound.

Posted · Report post

I have an old Garmin and it fits in the cubby hole perfectly with the provided dash mounting kit.

In regard to connecting ipod capability for your standard bose h/u, you could try these guys:

http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/

Only people in Aus that I know of that provide Ipod capability for the 350z... I haven't tried their products, but I've been doing a similar research. If you go ahead with them let us know how it goes! Alternatively, there are some like products on Ebay from the states, however I've found that it can be worth your while to replace the standard head unit with an aftermarket one. The advantage of this means you get a lot more features (bluetooth, ipod, dvd, navigation even!) and a better sound.

Thx for all of the info AD. Very good of ya. I have looked at the website. Certainly worth a chat and suss it out. Their installer is up in Cairns but i could purchase the components and get it fitted locally.

I'm not really up with ICE etc. Hence the 'post'. What would be a good replacement H/U? I don't need a 'all singing all dancing' top of the range unit. Any suggestions?

Thx again AD and everybody else for all the advise.

Swerv

Posted · Report post

I'm sure any auto electrician would be able to install it for you. If you have a bit of confidence and patience, I couldn't imagine the install would be that difficult. I can direct you to a diy page for removing the bose h/u.

In terms of an aftermarket H/U, you can purchase a basic 'branded' H/U (like a pioneer or sony) from JB HIFI or the like for around $100 that will play cds, mp3s and also have an aux input for ipod/mp3 players. If you only after ipod capability, this is a cheap option. However, you will also need a fascia kit to fit the new H/U and a wiring harness that will save you cutting off the bose unit's plugs. They always pop up on ebay and vary in price. Never all that expensive. Here's a link to an ebay seller who is providing both items cheap:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-2003-2005-350z-Radio-Install-Dash-Kit-W-Harness-/330552703530?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf679fa2a#ht_2588wt_1202

All up you will be looking at approx $120-$150, but you have to factor in the installation costs on top of that. In conclusion, it actually turns out to be a similar cost to the cushie system... If you're happy with the Bose system which isn't bad to begin with and you don't have plans to upgrade the system, I would recommend the cushie system. Plus, you get bluetooth standard for hands free phone calls, which is a nice feature... Now you've got me second thinking about my system... lol

Posted · Report post

BTW if you quote 'cushie' as a coupon code, you get free shipping!

Posted · Report post

im in the process of fitting a samsung galaxy tablet.... just al ittle short on money for sua spec cables... after that ill fit it all

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Topics

• Engine light coming on too frequently
      By Newby101 · Posted
      Hey guys.  Was hoping anyone would be able to help me out here.  I recently bought a 2009 370z Auto about 6 weeks ago. Since then, I’ve had to get it serviced 8 times due to the check engine light coming on.  I’ve had all the Oxy sensor and MAF’s replaced and the light still comes on. Whatever is causing it is also making the cars acceleration lag a bit.  Its getting beyond a joke now. I picked it up yesterday morning and by the afternoon the light was on.    Has as anyone had a similar issue // have any ideas to check for??   thanks 
    • Solenoids either side under bonnet/hood latches – what are they?
      By IanzZed · Posted
      Hi Ausmo they are pyrotechnic solenoids. if you hit a pedestrian ( or anything hard) , they fire off and lift the bonnet up at the back to help cushion the impact of said pedestrian. there are sensors in the front of the car that sense when something hits the front hard enough.    
    • Programming key fob
      By Button1 · Posted
      For the record I have a 2003 Nissan 350z Australian delivery and I have successfully programmed a new key fob for the car after sorting out two issues. 1. The original remote I had operated at 315Mz frequency which I was let to believe would work on my car.  After having no success I purchased the 433Mz European version of the key fob and this turned out to be the correct one. 2. There are at least 3 different methods to program 350z key fobs depending on the cars country of delivery eg. USA, UK, Japan.  The one that works for Australian cars is described as Method A in the attached instructions.  Unlike the USA & UK cars the hazard lights do not flash during the programming steps.  To programme do this - 1. Close both doors. 2. Both doors must be locked using the small rocker switch near the door handle. 3. Insert the key into the ignition 5 times within 10 secs and remove. 4.  Quickly insert the key again and the doors will unlock. 5. Turn the key to the accessories position (not the on position). 6. Quickly lock both doors again using the small rocker switch near the door handle. 7. Press the unlock button on your key fob and both doors should unlock indicating the key fob is programmed. 8. Repeat steps 6 & 7 for additional key fobs. 9. Remove the key from the ignition and all of your key fob should now be programmed and lock/unlock the car. Note: I did have trouble with the timing of these steps.  I found that unless step 5 & 6 were done quickly the car would not recognise the key fob at step 7. I hope this helps someone.
    • Wiring for Audio in a 2004
      By victord683 · Posted
      Hi folks   I am putting in Pioneer Z5250BT head unit in my 2004. When I was removing  the 10 pin plug from the factory Bose unit it came apart and all the wires went everywhere (Shit!) . I thought it could too complicated to put them back in order.  When I have looked at other sites  to work this out the wiring they refer to doesn't match the colours that are in wiring harness.    I have the following wires   orange, red, Grey, Blue/White (larger wire which I assume is main power), red/blue, white, pink/black, Green. There is also a small Blue/White wire on a single plug. There is a separate line Green/white which is with the antenna and I can assume is for the power antenna. I need to know what these wires are and where they go on the 10 in plug. I have the Aeropro wire harness to plug into the 10 pin plug. I just need to get them in the right order,. Can anyone help?    Thanks 
    • Z Insurance
      By Ausmo · Posted
      Wow there is some insane prices around 2017 370Z Nismo Agreed Value 800 excess cost - $743.00  20% loyalty 65% no claim NRMA I'm 49 I guess that make a difference to premium but not the way I drive it Tracked 4 or 5 times a year, Skid pan 6 or 7 times a year and also doing 15,000 km a year as a daily driver My moto drive it like you stole it