Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Osiris, uprev, abbeymotorsport and woohoo

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well I finally got round to doing my first ECU flash on the datto and the results......

Well the finely calibrated "bumometer" tends to indicate woohoo.

The specially selected stop sign to 100km/h sign test track tends to indicate woohoo.

The breaking traction in second meter tends to indicate woohoo.

So until I get down to Willowbank and confirm the incumbent data the verdict is:

WOOHOO

The ecu flasher is an Uprev Osiris with map from Mark at Abbey Motorsport in pommyland and cost 308 pounds which is about $500AUD +/-

He says he can do all versions of 350 as well as 370 at about the same price.

I am currently datalogging to send back there for fine adjustment but so far so good.

More data after more investigation.

Posted · Report post

Woohoo!

Posted · Report post

Well more info.

The standard 350Z jerk jerk launches in 1st gear has GONE, it exhibits much much smoother throttle control.

2nd is now push you back in the seat fast, someting I missed from my F6.

Fuel economy sucks but I suspect that is mostly due to right pedal exuberance..... :)

Posted · Report post

so not tuned on a dyno??

Posted · Report post

So did you just get the flash from the UK some more detail on this would be great as I contacted Uprev in the USA and they said as our fuels are different here RON blah blah that I would need to purchase the Uprev Tuner and have someone tune the car locally, they couldn't do the email service from USA

So I am curious about your UK guy

Posted · Report post

so not tuned on a dyno??

Nope. It's a generic ecu reflash...and if you buy their software you can log the data and send it to them for fine tuning.

At $500 is a pretty good deal. The main thing is getting rid of throttle restrictions down low...

Posted · Report post

So did you just get the flash from the UK some more detail on this would be great as I contacted Uprev in the USA and they said as our fuels are different here RON blah blah that I would need to purchase the Uprev Tuner and have someone tune the car locally, they couldn't do the email service from USA

So I am curious about your UK guy

Send mark from abbeymotorsports an email. He's pretty helpful...too bad he couldn't find a way to overcome the throttle restriction on the vq25det...

Posted · Report post

No, no dyno yet. I will do that later and send the data over.

I did the same thing with my F6 and a company in Perth (I am in QLD).

It took several weeks but I was happy with the 280rwkw :)

Our 350Zs and the pommy ones are the same.

So far the tune is slightly hotter but the speed limiter and the torque restrictions in the first 3 gears are gone and that makes a HUGE difference.

I am not all that worried about gaining that last half a kilowatt possible, just making that car go as I believe it should.

Posted · Report post

So far the tune is slightly hotter but the speed limiter and the torque restrictions in the first 3 gears are gone and that makes a HUGE difference.

so with the torque restricting does this mean the car spins wheels easier?

and smoother through the rev range?

Posted · Report post

Yes and much smoother

Did my first long run today.

Av speed 104km/h, av fuel 11.4 km/l.

I have always got high 9s low 10s before.

Posted · Report post

Well the cold weather is good for the new flash.

I am rather impressed over all.

One of the really cool things is that the ECU contains 5 maps any of which are selectable in real time by manipulation of a couple of the buttons on the steering wheel.

Right now I have the new one with factory standard in the other 4 positions.

My plan is to have something like:

1) 95 go a bit better with the torque tags removed

2) 98 woohoo you idiot

3) 95/98 go like a snail but drink very little fuel

4) 30km/h, 3500rpm max (valet mode)

5) factory standard

I will finish the data logging now the rain has finally stopped and send it off to Mark @ AbbeyMotorsport next week for a tweek.

I am further very impressed by the service here, I have spoken to several performance shops in OZ but unless I lashed out with a significant 4 digit and sometimes 5 digit lump of money they did not seem interested.

Hopefully I have managed to only find the spivs and theer are plenty of good guys out there.

P.S. One thing I did find out is that the dattos are already configured for ethanol, even that 85 one that the mexicans raves about.

Posted · Report post

Well the cold weather is good for the new flash.

I am rather impressed over all.

One of the really cool things is that the ECU contains 5 maps any of which are selectable in real time by manipulation of a couple of the buttons on the steering wheel.

Right now I have the new one with factory standard in the other 4 positions.

My plan is to have something like:

1) 95 go a bit better with the torque tags removed

2) 98 woohoo you idiot

3) 95/98 go like a snail but drink very little fuel

4) 30km/h, 3500rpm max (valet mode)

5) factory standard

I will finish the data logging now the rain has finally stopped and send it off to Mark @ AbbeyMotorsport next week for a tweek.

I am further very impressed by the service here, I have spoken to several performance shops in OZ but unless I lashed out with a significant 4 digit and sometimes 5 digit lump of money they did not seem interested.

Hopefully I have managed to only find the spivs and theer are plenty of good guys out there.

P.S. One thing I did find out is that the dattos are already configured for ethanol, even that 85 one that the mexicans raves about.

Looks like a winner Flap!

Posted · Report post

Drove to sunny coast today (400km return) mixed in with all the idiot holiday traffic.

Av Speed 87km/h fuel 12.6km/l (< 8l/100km)

That is a mix of urban and highway with quite a few "spurts" getting past caravan towing mexicans and V8 super4WD racers.....

Posted · Report post

Drove to sunny coast today (400km return) mixed in with all the idiot holiday traffic.

Av Speed 87km/h fuel 12.6km/l (< 8l/100km)

That is a mix of urban and highway with quite a few "spurts" getting past caravan towing mexicans and V8 super4WD racers.....

any pics of the system installed? you were mentioning steering controls?

Posted · Report post

any pics of the system installed? you were mentioning steering controls?

There is no hardware, it is a software update to the ECU

The steering controls are simple.

1) Hold down cancel on cruise

2) Toggles set down the number of times of the position of the map e.g. map 3 = 3 clicks

3) woohoo

It does not interfere with the operation of cruise and as standard all 5 maps are factory. The switching is done in real time even while driving.

Mine is currently 1=AMS, 2-5= factory.

This will change as I fine tune it.

Posted · Report post

There is no hardware, it is a software update to the ECU

The steering controls are simple.

1) Hold down cancel on cruise

2) Toggles set down the number of times of the position of the map e.g. map 3 = 3 clicks

3) woohoo

It does not interfere with the operation of cruise and as standard all 5 maps are factory. The switching is done in real time even while driving.

Mine is currently 1=AMS, 2-5= factory.

This will change as I fine tune it.

Oh ok, nice use of factory controls :D

it sounds tempting... allthough im also considering a move to a g35, but the system works with both cars, as they are the same motor correct?

Posted · Report post

Oh ok, nice use of factory controls :D

it sounds tempting... allthough im also considering a move to a g35, but the system works with both cars, as they are the same motor correct?

Might be depending on which G35, go the their website and check would be the best idea.

Posted · Report post

hey flap is it a issue if you have mods?

seems like a great system, also can you flash it yourself or do you give it to a performance workshop>\?

Posted · Report post

hey flap is it a issue if you have mods?

seems like a great system, also can you flash it yourself or do you give it to a performance workshop>\?

Yes it is.

All you need to do is let them know and they compensate accordingly.

I did it myself, all it takes is a laptop and the cable they supply.

The software comes with a data logging component that you use to record data and send back to allow them to fine tune it.

I email the file over, they tweak it, send back a new flash image, you load it and then test again.

Basically the same as a tune shop except it takes a lot longer and my "dyno" is flat, black and several kilometres long :)

N.B. if something silly happens remember you still have the standard factory flash loaded and can switch to it instantly.

Posted · Report post

Yes it is.

All you need to do is let them know and they compensate accordingly.

I did it myself, all it takes is a laptop and the cable they supply.

The software comes with a data logging component that you use to record data and send back to allow them to fine tune it.

I email the file over, they tweak it, send back a new flash image, you load it and then test again.

Basically the same as a tune shop except it takes a lot longer and my "dyno" is flat, black and several kilometres long :)

N.B. if something silly happens remember you still have the standard factory flash loaded and can switch to it instantly.

Any updates on this? Still happy? Been on the dyno yet? how much is it costing for each tweak? etc

Posted · Report post

Ok, latest data.

I deployed the next upgrade after sending my data back to AMS.

woohoo++

I thoroughly recommend this as the best bang for buck upgrade I have ever done....