Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan Z/G Community
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Z Insurance

146 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just received my renewal from AAMI.

2010 build Reg. March 2011 370Z auto roadster with current low 11K kms. East Gippsland Address 63yo owner.

Agreed value $46300 with screen cover. $625 Excess rating1 driver.

Premium $762 What do you guys think???. Cheers.

Posted · Report post

Premium $762??!!!! Compared to what i pay for my premuim ($2.2k) I say it's a steal!!

Posted · Report post

Premium $762??!!!! Compared to what i pay for my premuim ($2.2k) I say it's a steal!!

I was going to ask you in person what your new insurance costs are with the new kit Hahaha, who you with for $2.2k per year? I'm guessing Shannons are the only people who would insure you?

Posted · Report post

Premium $762??!!!! Compared to what i pay for my premuim ($2.2k) I say it's a steal!!   I was going to ask you in person what your new insurance costs are with the new kit Hahaha, who you with for $2.2k per year? I'm guessing Shannons are the only people who would insure you?
It's not just the kit, its all my other mods and i'm with just car :( will most likely change when it expires Have heard too many bad things about them now. Shannon's wont insure me. They have a weird criteria to qualify for them.

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys

When shopping around for insurance, the cheapest price is not often the best value for money......it's when it comes to a claim that the value comes into question...........the old addage - You get what you pay for

So does anyone consider claims process, choice of repairer  including authorised Nissan repairers - and the use of "reclaimed" parts

Most large insurers (AAMI, RACV, GIO etc etc) insist that the vehicle be taken to their "repair centre" and the process is that repairers then come look at the vehcile and then bid for the repair work (like a reverse auction) ........the work goes to the cheapest price.

Most of these insurers will use reclaimed parts if the vehicle is > 1 year old (from date of manufacture -read the really fine in the Ts and C's)..........It's also a fact the most large insurers own a large percentage of the wreckers in Australia

I have had terrible experience with AAMI and RACV and a couple of other mainstream insurers with poor repairs - being told the repairer was "factory aurthorised" yaddah yaddah

From all the "bagging" of Shannon's ...and yes they may be more expensive......I have found their response to claims to be first class

Choice of repairer - even for at fault claims

New parts were required - no matter what age of vehicle

No unrealaistic price slashing by assessors

My 2013 370z is with Shannons and yes the insurance is $200 p/a more expensive (I'm mid 40's, 65% $500 excess etc) but I know when it comes to a claim I will get a first class repair by my choice of repairer with new parts

My 2c worth

cheers

Al.

Posted · Report post

For my part, it's a trade off between policy features versus premium.

In terms of policy features I look at, agreed value is very important to me, including coverage for mods and accessories. Next most important is new versus old parts, but I'm negotiable on that if the PDS covers guarantees on all parts and workmanship. Hire cars, windscreens and other stuff like that aren't very important at all.

In terms of reducing premiums, I look at no-claim bonuses, named driver discounts and balance of premium vs excess.

In relation to Shannons, regardless of claims process, I found them to be particularly expensive, especially when comparing the market. Shannons come into their own for classic vehicles, particularly where the PDS guarantees salvage rights, even when you get paid out for a write-off. Shannons have a clear mission of keeping classic vehicles on the road in top condition - that's why you can get a policy reduction for driving your car less. They're as good/bad as any other when it comes to modern vehicles. Just Car are just AAMI's grab for all the high risk market.

For an average driver, using their Zed as a daily driver, you're just s likely to get a reasonable deal from Allianz, GIO and just about any others. I find iSelect is a good place to start and, currently, my daily driver is insured through Progressive Online - they were miles cheaper for what I needed (agreed value only, really) on that particular vehicle.

As with anything, you need to shop around the market. I tend to do this every policy renewal - it only takes a half hour or so of quoting online to get a sense of what's a good deal versus not.

Posted · Report post

Yes agreed Shannons are more $$$ but I have a fleet of cars (a Datsun Roadster, a few old Zeds etc ) and my house with them so maybe I have more leaverage on price , but as I said earlier what counts for me is that claims are hassle free and there is no argument over repairs 

Posted · Report post

Interested to know what people with a turbo set up or supercharger pay and who is willing to offer insurance.....

Posted · Report post

I went with SGIO.$850 premium comprehensive for my 2009 370z (no modifications although they apparently cover any) with $550 excess, agreed value $36k. Driver age 27 rating one (so I got the maximum no claim bonus). Decided to go with the standard windscreen cover/car hire as I doubt I'd ever need it.

Most other insurers (who were willing to cover me) such as RAC, AAMI, etc. wanted $1.1k+ for a comparative policy so I saved myself a fair chunk of fuel money by shopping around.

Posted · Report post

AAMI quoted me: I'm 33yo male, no claims, no license issues, fines etc. Mods are included in total cost I believe. Anyone have experience with AAMI? Will compare with SGIC I think...

$751.44

Quote Details

Quote details:

2004 NISSAN 350Z

Type of cover:

Comprehensive Car Insurance, 12 month policy

Amount covered:

$22,000

Your excess

Standard excess: $450 
Plus Flexi-Premiums excess: $150

Other excesses may apply

Posted · Report post

2005 350z 

VIC

in a average - bad neighbour hood

COLES CAR INSURANCE gave me $1253 - registered as a 64 y/o main driver.

However, I drive it most of the times (23 y/o)

Insured under my father's name with allowing 25 years and under drivers to drive it 

- no insurance claims over the last 3 years

Did not register myself under the policy:

Excess type Amount Standard excess $600 Voluntary excess $250 Inexperienced driver excess $400 Age excess Amount 21-24 years old, female $500 21-24 years old, male $500 Under 21 years old, female $700 Under 21 years old, male $700

Considering I am 23 on my Ps = 500+400+600 = 1500$

Can someone advice me a better insurance is there is one better? 

Posted · Report post

My advice is to search for car insurance and get quotes from every site you can.

In my experience I found AAMI and Bingle (Underwritten by AAMI) to be by far the cheapest for my specific details.

Posted · Report post

$550 with $1175 excess, full comp with AAMI.

Posted · Report post

Too add to my previous post, 33yo male. Victoria, rating 1. $34000 agreed value. Two other policies with them.

Posted · Report post

I also found AAMI to be the cheapest (or at least I did on my old car). Swapping the car over to my new 350Z resulted in:

26 y/o male, 1 year safe driver rewards (due to my being a foreigner), $625 excess, amount covered $26500 = $1391.01

Interestingly, insuring the Zed was 66 bucks cheaper than my old Astra VXR, which was less powerful and had a lower covered amount - go figure...

Posted · Report post

I am 30 yo with 2015 Z, Just Car has insured me for $1092 on value of $55K. I also have had many drink driving offences in the past but because they were all more than 3 years ago JCI neglected them when signing up.

Lucky they did insure me, because some idiot rammed my Z the FIRST DAY (yes I am not lying!) I had it whilst it was parked. JCI was kind enough to have it booked in for quote and repaired within weeks, and I didn't have to pay any excess or it didn't affect my rating because the car was parked and the driver who hit admitted all fault.

Posted · Report post

Just paid my insurance yesterday with JustCar. $1.5k with max excess :(

is your car standard? 

Posted · Report post

1200 for 2012 370z with 550 excess, insured value 32k. Age 22. RAC

Posted · Report post

Just recently took out insurance with Shannons. Have been with them for a while.

$981. 

They have gone up quite a bit since I last insured my first  370z a few years ago. 

Interestingly, their insurance on my RX7 series 8 twin turbo was two hundred dollars cheaper. I would have thought it was more of an insurance liability, and therefore prone to attract a higher premium than my low k 2013 Z?

We used to insure our other two cars, a beetle and a i30, but they got too expensive and we went with Budget for the everyday runabouts. We also had the house with Shannons but they became too outrageous so we went with another insurer for our home.

Posted · Report post

Wow there is some insane prices around

2017 370Z Nismo

Agreed Value

800 excess

cost - $743.00  20% loyalty 65% no claim NRMA

I'm 49 I guess that make a difference to premium but not the way I drive it :)

Tracked 4 or 5 times a year, Skid pan 6 or 7 times a year and also doing 15,000 km a year as a daily driver

My moto drive it like you stole it