Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan Z/G Community
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fuel question

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

G'day all,

I just bought a beautiful 2014 370Z and I have a question about fuel please? I prefer to use only Premium in all of my cars I have owned. However my Z will be used for visiting customers for work. My company supplies a Caltex fuel card but will not allow the use of premium. So I can only put E10 on the card and I am finding conflicting stories on the net about running it in a Z? The compatibility check https://www.e10fuelforthought.nsw.gov.au/compatibility-check states that it is suitable. I was also reading that no Premium was available in a certain country and they only have E10 and it has not caused any issues over many years.

My preference is of course to use Premium, but that means I have to pay for all work related fuel. Otherwise I can use the company fuel card but only E10 for all of my fuel costs saving me a lot of money. So I would love to hear from anyone that has actually used E10?

Cheers.

Daz

Posted · Report post

I’d firstly speak to a dealer just incase. But given that it could possibly take E10 and work is paying for it i guess is alright. It’s a touchy subject especially since on the filler cap it states premium fuels only. Maybe buy a few bottles of octane booster just for good measure and an injector cleaner so things are still free flowing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

G'day all,

I just bought a beautiful 2014 370Z and I have a question about fuel please? I prefer to use only Premium in all of my cars I have owned. However my Z will be used for visiting customers for work. My company supplies a Caltex fuel card but will not allow the use of premium. So I can only put E10 on the card and I am finding conflicting stories on the net about running it in a Z? The compatibility check https://www.e10fuelforthought.nsw.gov.au/compatibility-check states that it is suitable. I was also reading that no Premium was available in a certain country and they only have E10 and it has not caused any issues over many years.

My preference is of course to use Premium, but that means I have to pay for all work related fuel. Otherwise I can use the company fuel card but only E10 for all of my fuel costs saving me a lot of money. So I would love to hear from anyone that has actually used E10?

Cheers.

Daz

I would never put E10 in my Zed, always 98 as recommended by Nissan and partial fill with 95 if that's all that is available. As your car is  used for work could you use premium and claim all costs as a tax deduction, still not as good as using the fuel card though :(

Posted · Report post

Great news in the end! I got special permission from the Owner of the Company and have been supplied a new Caltex Fuel Card that accepts Premium! Happy Days!!!!