Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan Z/G Community
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Engine light coming on too frequently

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey guys. 

Was hoping anyone would be able to help me out here. 

I recently bought a 2009 370z Auto about 6 weeks ago. Since then, I’ve had to get it serviced 8 times due to the check engine light coming on. 

I’ve had all the Oxy sensor and MAF’s replaced and the light still comes on.

Whatever is causing it is also making the cars acceleration lag a bit. 

Its getting beyond a joke now. I picked it up yesterday morning and by the afternoon the light was on. 

Has as anyone had a similar issue // have any ideas to check for??

thanks 

Posted · Report post

So this thread didnt go anywhere at all but in case this helps out anyone in the future.

The problem can basically be explained as an aftermarket exhaust kit.

The sensors didn't like the emissions and intake numbers that they were reading because the exhaust wasn't stock.

All I did to it was put a few spacers on the sensors and the light has stayed off since.

Hope this helps

Posted · Report post

Should grab a code from the scanner next time.
It will allow you to fix it properly than to run spacers and have it low-key damage something if it's not running 100%

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

• New to the scene
      By BiankaL · Posted
      Hey guys! Just wanted to introduce myself just brought myself a 2015 370z in silver. Absolutely in love with her. Just wanted to know if anyone has had problems with their hands free? Mine constantly cuts outs out and the people on the other line can’t hear me! Also wanting a stillen exhaust but with everything going on getting it from the us would be a pain. Does anyone know any local places in au? And I’m know eye candy does custom decals but is there anywhere else that does them? 😊 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Greeting from the Central Coast!
      By SimpleVic · Posted
      Hey mate, Ive been told unless you're going to track it, to just go a quality poly. The strain of solid bushings in daily driving can provide more wear. Just my 2 cents. Do whatever you want Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      By RWDfreak · Posted
      Hey bud, thx mate, shes great but a stock z needs a lot of $ to be an awesome sports car imo. I’d love to make it my dream ride but it would take me forever! It’s got a loose back end atm so I think it’s needs some bushings. I have to do my blown diff bushings anyway so I might do the subframe with solids. Do u reckon that would be too noisy for a street/dd? I do like noises that connect me with the car but if it’s going to annoy the piss out of me on a road trip then I’ll go poly. What do you think? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      By ThatZeeGuy · Posted
      Hey Ryan,   Welcome to the club! It's nice to see another fellow Coastie joining up.   That's a nice looking 350 that you have on your hands mate. Looking forward to seeing what your dream ride looks like as you start to modify her.   Chat soon ✌
      By RWDfreak · Posted
        Hey guys, I recently moved to the central coast NSW ie Ettalong Beach and don't know anyone here yet so my first stop is of course, the car scene. I want to meet some of you crazy bastards. I also just bought my first Z. A 350z hr 2007 6mt. It is stock, except for my new JWT clutch & LW FW. My last car was a FBO SSV ute 6mt with a cammed LS2 putting out 300rwkw so I'm very keen for a little more poke but funds very limited.  Anyway, Just wanted to introduce myself and no doubt will meet some of you in the future. Ryan