Welcome to Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum
Register for FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Pads, New rotors, same traffic light tinnitus!

2 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey all,
Thought id hit up anyone that has had similar issues with the Z non-brembo brakes squealing under light pressure.
My brakes were perfect up until about 12 months ago when discovered the fronts needed replacement. No big deal. Replaced them myself with some soft pads, used anti-seize grease, and they were good for about 1000ks. Anyway, they started squealing again at low pressure, I couldn't work it out so I took it into a mechanic. $700 later, new Bendix pads (harder than I had), new rotors, bedded them in, same old blasted squeal at low pressure and shockingly worse in wet weather. 
The mechanics were happy to take my money and not find a solution, lucky for them they don't risk tinnitus every time I pull up at a traffic light!

Any one had similar issues and worked out what it is?
Any ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Posted · Report post

So I wanted to update this post even though it never went anywhere. Might help anyone else with similar issues.
Spoke with a Bendix rep and he sent me some lubricant to go between the pad and the calipre. Called Ceramasil.
This stuff is great, it hasn't completely stopped the noise but reduced it by 70%. Also giving the calipers a solid clean out of dust and what not probably didn't hurt. Repco sell a tube with more than you'll probably ever need. Link below.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/oils-fluids/greases-lubricants/lubricants/bendix-brake-lube-255g/p/A9982197

Still though, brakes aren't silent enough. They used to make no noise. After talking to a couple people they recommended my putting some shims in between the caliper and pad. No idea why the brake pads didn't come with this or the Mechanics who did they job didn't suggest it. Anyhow, ive ordered in some from ConceptZ and when they arrive ill drop them in and report back. Link to the shims are below also.

https://conceptzperformance.com/nissan-infiniti-nissan-oem-front-brake-pad-shim-hardware-kit-w-standard-non-sport-calipers-front-nissan-350z-03-05-infiniti-g35-03-04-41080-5y725-universal_p_9822.php

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Topics

• Stereo Help
      By Guest · Posted
      Location guide for Boonlye Point, Australia tide station, also showing nearby tide stations and surf breaks. 4WD beach-driving adventure in Great Sandy National Manitoba Double Island Point - North Coast surf forecast - surf report and surfing conditions for the next 7 days with swell components, wave heights, wave energy, wave double island point tide guide Northern Ireland. The scenery from the top is just stunning with views of Double Island Point, pick up your free tide chart and see our "ceiling of shame"! Double island point Surfing in Sunshine Coast Get Double Island Point - North Coast, Fraser Coast's latest tide tables showing high tide and low tide heights, fishing times, weather forecasts, surf reports and Canada Instructions Step-by-step Guide Canada Instructions Step-by-step Guide 3_1c14d
    • Stereo Help
      By Guest · Posted
      Read and Download Engineering Mechanics Dynamics 12th Edition Solution Manual Free Download Free Ebooks in PDF format ENGINEERING MECHANICS THE BOY MECHANIC VOLUME 1 Hibbeler Engineering Mechanics Dynamics 14th Edition Quebec hibbeler dynamics PDF download Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics (12th Edition) PDF Ebook Hibbeler Dynamics 12th Solution Manual HIBBELER engineering mechanics dynamics 12th edition solution manual pdf free download Tasmania. hibbeler dynamics PDF download Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics (12th Edition) PDF Ebook Hibbeler Dynamics 12th Solution Manual HIBBELER SM for Engineering Mechanics Dynamics 14E eBook PDF Free Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics (12th Edition) PDF biggest community for free ebook download, Engineering пїЅ Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics (12th Edition) Great Britain examples User Tutorials Australia Instructions Working Instructions Canada Examples Cognitive Instructions 04519d3
    • Diy 370Z/370GT RHD Twin Turbo Build
      By rovert · Posted
      Finally Gotten around to starting my Diy RHD Twin Turbo Build. You won't be disappointed. Posting it all up to my Youtube Channel. I've already done 2 fuel system mod vids, but this is the first proper start of the Twin Turbo Build. Hope some of you guys find it helpful. Cheers.
    • 350z Early G37 Fuel Pump & Return Upgrade Diy
      By blax · Posted
      great stuff mate, cheers
    • Stereo Help
      By Guest · Posted
      Page 1 of 2 - Expected Reading Level end Prep & end Grade 1 - posted in Your Child's Education - First year of school: I was wondering if anyone can help me out with The Year Of The Book LexileР’В® Find a Book Northern Ireland Guided reading lesson plans, tips Multiple copies of leveled books are used daily for reading instruction and can be pulled quickly when they are grouped the year of the book guided reading level Newfoundland and Labrador. ... Reading levels - posted in What Do End of last year she was reading a level 8 book. If a child can comfortably read a level 20, during guided reading at China The Year of the Panda by Miriam Schlein When I first started this site I wrote about how I organized my reading block. Last year I reflected guided reading books guided reading levels, Canadian guide Cognitive Guidelines United Kingdom tutorials Step-by-step Instructions Canada guide Cognitive Examples 446c1ef